Shite Scooter Wanted !!

UltimateJames

Hello everyone , Iv just started a new job over in Castleford and at the mo im living in Wakefield (Horbury) . The problem is its costing me £50 - £60 in petrol a week in the Pugalo just to get there and back !!I dont wanna sell the pug as its needed for carting the family about and being used as a pick-up truck too, So i thought about getting a little moped just for getting to work and stuff ? Iv been on direct gov site and they reckon if i got my car licence before 2001 i dont need to do a CBT test for a 50cc so assuming thats right i wanna buy a ped .Iv looked ont ebay and you can pick one up for about 2-300 quid but tbh they`re all far easten imports and are prob death traps ? So does anyone here have some kind of two wheeled contraption for sale cheap ? prefere somert 80`s - 90`s kind of thing with a bit of something about it ( what happened to all the billy wizs and kawasaki AR 50`s ect ) and what are those ones that look like a ZX Spectrum on wheels iv seen on here ?? Any ideas people ?? Cheers James.

Horbury to Castleford? That's my route to work!Suppose we'll know whether you get one - I'll be on the grumpy old man thread going on about being stuck behind a scooter for SODDING AGES and turning up to work late and being fired.

It's a bit of a grey area regarding needing a CBT. As a former bike instructor I would strongly advise you to do one to get a bit of basic instruction, you may find it fun!Please don't get a Honda Cub, I know they are the vehicle of choice for trainspotters, paedo's and Dungeons and Dragons enthusiasts the world over but you are far better getting something like a 125 that will tolerate long distances.Oh and FS1E's are about £2k for a tidy unrestricted example.

ive got some proper shite 125 traily thingymagigy that i may sell on, its on a 55 plate its a copy off the old xl 125 shingylinglongythingy or something like that its called,also have a mikalon 250 which is a crf copy not much use to you unless you pass your test though.

Posted Image

would one of these be "shitey" enough for you ??? a whopping 71cc, but step-thru twist-an-go from the Seventies, 120 mpg two-stroke, ultra reliable, I have a few of em..... :roll: Leave one locked up for 9 months at a time, come back, and starts up on the 4th kick every time; incredible.

Posted Image

would one of these be "shitey" enough for you ??? a whopping 71cc, but step-thru twist-an-go from the Seventies, 120 mpg two-stroke, ultra reliable, I have a few of em..... :roll: Leave one locked up for 9 months at a time, come back, and starts up on the 4th kick every time; incredible.

Are those NF75s? I had one of those - quick off the mark but would top out at 38mph so not brilliant for long-distance commuting.

What you want is a Honda Spacy.

Posted Image

Class in a glass. I believe Raymanboy may have one for sale, at a very reasonable price of £1,899,995, or swap for a pair of Charlotte Rampling's panties.