Collection 1 of 2

Flat4

So I'm up at this ridiculous hour on a Saturday to go look at a car 310 miles away that I bought blind on eBay, on impulse..... I do have a potential plan B so I'm hoping to at least come home in a car today and NOT on more public transport!

I was looking for a replacement for the Volvo at the time I saw it, so big estate, economical, working air con, preferably not silver or a dark colour, robust and reliable were the list of requirements....I'll let you know about the air con in about 7 hours ;)

If all goes well today, then I'm also doing the same route probably next week to collect a small petrol for Al to use for nipping to work and back. 

1st mode of transport of the day. Volvo is getting left at the station and picked up again, probably tomorrow, unless everything goes totally tits up...

20220528_061312.thumb.jpg.3788b73d1dd5bc00b135aa0e70000c33.jpg

A return to Glasgow was only 40p more than the single, so I've bought that....and hope I'm not tempting fate! Paper tickets collected from the machine for onward travel, and those are not returns....

Breakfast so far has only been a Beanies coffee with cream but I have made up sandwiches for later :)

Next mode of transport for today.

20220528_062901.thumb.jpg.9a062ea357cec4f2fb4547a83d953880.jpg

Smoll train with only 3 carriages, coz only about the same number of people got on it!

20220528_062359.thumb.jpg.b567eb3896d83d1c10f0e42912099d43.jpg

I now have a table seat to myself and have plugged in my phone to charge, coz some how it only took 41% overnight and I don't expect the battery to last all day.

Taking the train today, instead of more efficient methods, as I'm feeling the need to carry spares....Hopefully that means I won't need any of it!

Got my wish ;)

20220528_072139.thumb.jpg.727df5e92e9c004b7de1eac80c60dd87.jpg

Asked for a window seat with a plug socket and that's exactly what I've had reserved! The other 3 seats are not reserved so hopefully I can keep some space around me for the next couple of hours. There's no one else I can see actually in this carriage at all atm!

It's a very comfy train, quite warm and I have a neck pillow with me....I may be having a snooze...

Can't bloody sleep! We've just left Carlisle already and there's another 2 stops, I think, before I change so the train manager is gonna go "bing bong" at each one to tell folk where we are and therefore wake me up again, anyway. More coffee will likely be needed today....

1 hour ago, Flat4 said:

Final train of the day - a very green one! West Midlands railways, apparently.

20220528_121527.thumb.jpg.1c1a8a5d561cdab7ef16694eadbc4083.jpg

Meeting my new toy in less than 30 minutes! Feeling a bit sick with both nerves and excitement....

I hope that someone somewhere is keeping a comprehensive history of Moquette designs.

11 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

Been and gone! Potentially failing head gasket, knocking like fuck and may have needed an engine mount 😡 So I'm now attempting to put plan B into action!

Collection 1 of 2 just became 1 of 1 😆

That’s a bummer, let me guess …….“runs n drives fine M9!”

8 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Bit of miss communication as I thought this was happening next weekend, in case the MOT went awry.

very sorry it’s not happened today, I feel really quite bad about this

Edit: FYI my car with the fucked head gasket isn’t the once she’s seen!!!

You're fine love, it was planned for next week. I was just trying to get a hold of you as I was down there anyway and the car I was going to collect turned out to be a lemon. Nothing to feel bad for, you definitely haven't misdescribed anything, unlike a certain eBay seller....

I'm half way home now :)

27 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Bit of miss communication as I thought this was happening next weekend, in case the MOT went awry.

very sorry it’s not happened today, I feel really quite bad about this

Edit: FYI the car with the fucked head gasket isn’t my one!!

nae beef with you at all bro, sounds like you had a shitter too, glad paddy has a ticket, take it easy

On 5/28/2022 at 7:41 PM, Flat4 said:

I'm being educated on my train home by a student doctor in the seat across the aisle, revising for her exams with one of her friends, via video call. Their brains are big!

Ask a junior doctor to describe the symptoms of Koro - it usually stumps them.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:12 PM, UltraWomble said:

Ask a junior doctor to describe the symptoms of Koro - it usually stumps them.

I know that, but only because it's on the Psych specialty exams post-grad required to be a registrar/ consultant. Koro/ Susto/ Latah etc are probably too niche for the standard med school exams. Shame.

On topic, should I place you on the reserve list for a certain for sale mk1 Octavia?