Renault 14's for sale

trigger

That was a bit of a bargain then finding one for £24 and selling it for £10k!.

This is about the best on I've got, It's unwritten on had has Corinth - The Canal on the back in a few languages, Doubt I'll be making £10k this week!.

Posted Image

Thats really cool Ratdat! Is that a CKD Austin7 Seven then? - the Airfix special edition :D

Urban myth Seth... I think it's been perpetuated by the motoring media so many times now they people believe it to be fact! Nissan never had anything to do with the Seven. ( I wrote a bit about it on my site... http://www.ratdat.com/?p=35)The only deal they had going with Austin was to build A40 Somersets and A50 cambridges in the 50's. The car on display there is a Datsun Type 14 which was the first car they produced on an assembly line and the first under the Nissan Motor company, although Datsun models were produced earlier by other concerns.The postcards were part of a photo collection I bought which originally belonged to an American engineer who went to Japan to help set up Nissans first production line.

I wrote a bit about it on my site... http://www.ratdat.com/?p=35)

Very interesting. Perhaps it is the car at Beaulieu that started the rumors as you suggest. Maybe the new Datsun UK made up a little white lie to promote some heritage and comonality with the UK industry? In 1971, BL owned Austin may have cared less what an upstart from the far east were blabbering on about. 10 years later... :wink:

popped down today but she doesnt think shes got any postcards but she may have some old photos of various cars so should be interestin,its all being sorted out in the next month,shes got my number...Were u driving down the hill from birdlip to glos earlier today mr schmitt owner? i followed a bright yellow smart down there that was all :)

• 4 years later...

I drove a TL and a TS many years ago, the TS was the sporty 4 speed number and even so,

was pulling 4,000 at 70nph from 1400cc

It was perky and it was torquey and it felt brisk but the 1200 TL was like driving a roly poly, flat fart.

The only other things I can remember are the superb heating and the headlining,

Which to this day, I lack the skill to describe but,

If shite cars were quantifiable, these would score very, very dismally.

The blue one is 'barned''. It's fully welded one side, the worst side, but the other needs doing . Frankly, I got bored , and found the complicated jiggery pokers nature of the repair time consuming, frustrating and bloody hateful.

I hate welding.

I had/ have no current use for it, so it's simply dry stored up on the racking. If or when that changes, around 6 hours welding will sort it. Mechanically ,it's running fine, brakes overhauled ( silicone fluid ) etc etc so apart from snagging it could be road worthy fairly easily. Needs paint though.

The White was was broken on site. It was way to far gone, open windows had knackered it completely. Anything of use was saved, with the reasonable , if grubby , interior going to Regie Ritmo for his. His interior is a mess. I strongly doubt he's done anything with it, however.

We saved all we could .

• 1 year later...