w00dy's Wheels - Vana-allmymoneys-gon

w00dy

Thanks for all the comments and likes, I am properly in love with this car already.

MsvPtSP.jpeg

6lkuePd.jpeg

uqLzf6o.jpeg

fUMc7tj.jpeg

Initial needs are probably a service (not much history sadly) and ideally some new tyres or wheels (Davantis up front and Sunny rears might get me into more trouble than I'd like). It's also got a strange section of terrible paint which lets down an otherwise very clean car

lHfbJNw.jpeg

The geniune Hartge short shift isn't much to my taste either

1st

VkTKxbu.jpeg

6th

fDbls8w.jpeg

The way it pulls after 3.5k RPM is ridiculous. The clutch on these manuals gets some stick, but I can't see where they're coming from at all, 'm very glad I've got the "stick".

• w00dy changed the title to W00dy's Wheels - BMW 645CI Manual - German Muscle
2 hours ago, Back_For_More said:

I drooled over the photos when it was in the LCBL thread too but couldn't quite get my eyes to accept the interior.... 

Very well played sir. Hope it serves you well. 

Drop me a PM once you swap out the oxblood. 😉

I love the red, I will hopefully get some sports seats, but only if I can get some to match.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:47 AM, w00dy said:

I love the red, I will hopefully get some sports seats, but only if I can get some to match.

I think my reflex gag was related to those oxblood coloured Oxford shoes and DMs you got to see back at school. Every pair I saw adorning a complete tosser..... Repressed something or other.... 

Enjoy the madness - I think photos don't do these justice tbh and they're a lot more impressive and amenable in the tin. 

Will watch and learn.... 

21 hours ago, SH1TE said:

How do you go from a front brake fixie, diesel shite box to a V8 it's like multiple personality disorder!

Like a 600hp v12 hybrid.

Forgive me father for I have sinned,  but it was worth it as she felt soooooooo goood😉

I stayed away from interesting cars whilst they seemed very expensive for anything I wanted, but I'm glad to be back!

18 hours ago, Back_For_More said:

I think my reflex fag was related to those oxblood coloured Oxford shoes and DMs you got to see back at school. Every pair I saw adorning a complete tosser..... Repressed something or other.... 

Enjoy the madness - I think photos don't do these justice tbh and they're a lot more impressive and amenable in the tin. 

Will watch and learn.... 

Haha, fair enough. 

They definitely work better in the metal, there's still some slightly awkward bits, but I can't stop looking out the window at it.

Satisfying little job removing a scuff

g6FKsBN.jpeg

VMDu4iV.jpeg

• 1 month later...

So, after.my.roffle win it was back to Scotland again to pick up another sporty BMW. No idea what my life has become,but I'm not complaining. 

After a rather stressful journey which involved a bus to Bristol airport that didn't show and a horrendous security queue, we somehow made it to collect the car from @davehedgehog31 who collected is from the station and was very helpful and understanding. Nice to meet another shiter.

I say "we because I made a plan to bring the girlfriend and make a trip of it.  As a southerner, a car already in Scotland was too tempting, so we're going to tick off a bucket list item and do the NC500. Currently at a hotel on Love Earn ready to go further North in the UK than I've ever been.

IMG_20221014_194739.thumb.jpg.5dda97631c91a544a4c1b7ad4a3bf336.jpg

• w00dy changed the title to W00dy's Wheels - NC500 in a roffle win Z4!
3 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Seeing the car in its proper habitat is making me miss it even more. 

Let me know when it's time for it to move on again 😂

Could drop it back on the way down and fly home! Although after the journey up I think I'd rather drive.

Today's adventures have been amazing. Such incredible scenery and fantastic roads. The weather has been mixed but plenty nice enough and the Z4 is great fun.

IMG_20221015_170344.thumb.jpg.af72d599e4d334ba6eb2cda4a4003402.jpg

On 17/10/2022 at 13:34, Supernaut said:

Those roads were fun a few weeks ago when I went round there in a diesel Civic.

Must be amazing fun in a 2.5 6-pot BMW, like I originally intended to do before an MOT failure and some welding... 😅

Ah, that sucks, but I'm sure it was still ace in the Civic. It was a great car to do the trip in, really making the M54 sing without getting into too much trouble.

2 hours ago, mercedade said:

You took the girlfriend to Scotland, but you were pretty keen to make sure she couldn't get out of the car

Power move.

I'm a Gentlemen so I dropped her off first! She puts up with my half baked plane for holidays so it's the least I can do.

Well we made it back safely. 1600 miles done in 4 days, including a trip to Skye.

I don't have loads of photos since I prefer to just enjoy the the experience as much as I can. The Z4 was a perfect companion for the trip, the cabrio element really lifted the experience and with the nimble handling and the M54 signing I certainly wasn't wishing for any more car. It crashes over pot holes and gets shaken around by really broken road, but for the most part it was fantastic fun, sure footed and comfortable.

Scotland was incredible and the NC500 is fantastic. We will definitely  be back, but we'll probably skip a big part of the east coast next time (It was nice to visit John O'Groats once, but once is enough). If you get the opportunity then do it, the scenery is like nothing else on this planet. It was much quieter than I expected and the roads in general much better. There were times where it really felt like we were in a dream or perhaps an advert for some masculine product.  The weather was surprisingly decent with only light showers in the day which passed quickly and meant the roof was down 90% of the time.

wjUzkXg.jpeg

oomu4wT.jpeg

6VWUnej.jpeg

OdElifq.jpeg

N4X8BFd.jpeg

alEcxDG.jpeg

FlIua0b.jpeg

Aw1F7fM.jpeg

C4vPCzL.jpeg

YfrwhTH.jpeg