Cars in film/TV that still exist

sheffcortinacentre

Not so much the star cars but background chod.

Dunno why but the plate on one in 999 this evening on talking pictures caught my eye 

SLL 1 on a large saloon.

The episode was from 1958 , turns out it's a 57 Bentley S1 & it's still taxed!

I believe there's an episode of minder with a yellow MK1 me ico in a row of parked cars that's still about.

So do you know of any???

Just now, bangernomics said:

Navids van?

Earlier episodes it was a Bedford IIRC, later it was a Nissan Vanette (see Dial-A-Bus S4:E3).

Not only that but there's some class background shite, such as the nice sad-face Fiesta Ghia in the episode where Winston ends up eating the cat food, episode being 'Scones' S1:E6, spotted it today.

The guy whose 75 I work on from time to time has a mate who owns BU03AHA which was used by Det. Ch. Insp. Barnby in Midsomer Murders for quite some time. The final 75 he had which was a black facelift example like mine was still on the road as well, the last time I checked.

The 2003  film by Shane Meadows called Dead Man's Shoes (one of the best films I have ever seen) where the local goons (quite literally) all cruise about in a green and white Citroen 2CV. In the film the gearbox expires after they retreat from a failed assasination attempt at speed but in real life the car is still on the road.

10 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

The guy whose 75 I work on from time to time has a mate who owns BU03AHA which was used by Det. Ch. Insp. Barnby in Midsomer Murders for quite some time. The final 75 he had which was a black facelift example like mine was still on the road as well, the last time I checked.

The 2003  film by Shane Meadows called Dead Man's Shoes (one of the best films I have ever seen) where the local goons (quite literally) all cruise about in a green and white Citroen 2CV. In the film the gearbox expires after they retreat from a failed assasination attempt at speed but in real life the car is still on the road.

Agree, excellent film, the twist at the end was brilliant as well. 

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

The sweeney Consul survives.

I don't think any of the other cars that featured are still around.

I think one of the capri's from the professionals survived.

30 minutes ago, Bren said:

I don't think any of the other cars that featured are still around.

I think one of the capri's from the professionals survived.

There are a couple of restored Capris around, but make your own mind up as to originality there.   The X-pack Mk2 3-litre Capri and TR7 and Dolly Sprint and the SD1 3500 seem to have disappeared   Long time ago.

2 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

There are a couple of restored Capris around, but make your own mind up as to originality there.   The X-pack Mk2 3-litre Capri and TR7 and Dolly Sprint and the SD1 3500 seem to have disappeared   Long time ago.

Hi, The TR7, Sprint and SD1 were BL  press fleet cars. They were on loan for filming but were often recalled for press events and this disrupted filming and continuity.  Ford saw an opportunity and gave them long term use of their cars, an example of product placement in action.

Colin

4 hours ago, Yoss said:

If that was a real G reg Škoda the engine would be in the other end. I assume that's what the guy at the back is looking for. 

Spoiler

Plus that Felicia had a fridge dropped through the roof at the end of the episode. So it's highly unlikely that it lived on.

6 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

SOO636R the 3.0 X pack survives, I read that it’s in being restored