Someone left a Cavalier outside my house...

richbraith

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

thought luton reg was NM at that time or 88?

or was that just press cars?

s-l1600.jpg

Luton had NM, PP, UR and MJ I think.  Seen all those on Vauxhall registered cars.

My old GLS saloon, M726TMJ, which has been owned by a couple of others of this parish, was supplied new by Motorbodies of Luton.  Still got the original dealer plates, very delaminated, in my garage.

12 hours ago, richbraith said:

Weeeeelllll, you could get a Diplomat in pre facelift but finding one would be a task, and I'd MUCH rather have nice velour than leather. 

I went out in it earlier and it felt like driving 1992.  The little plastic tray in the centre console is missing and a lot of wires are visible, I soon learned that you have to press some of them together to get the driver's window to work 😁

I may have a rubber tray somewhere. The shelf under the stereo maybe 

1 hour ago, JimH said:

Surely top billing went to the 2000 GSi?

No. That was the 218 bhp Turbo 4x4 

Or 2.5 v6 diplomat with beam rear axle. 

But for True Autoshite surprise. 

the warm sleeper. G reg 2.0 4x4

Which came in L grey bumpers and L trim, with 130 bhp, sat on 195x60x14 steel wheels. 

a nice little find in my local military & transport book shop for all you Cavalier fans. only small (150x150) but pretty cool

he has a few more available on fleabay if anyone is interested

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233679547044?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Pln7t3u_Quq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=8AFYP6nlRMa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Screenshot_20220514-094111_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-094926_eBay.jpg

6 hours ago, Madman Of The People said:

280644803_848618739864865_3875429314165668971_n.jpg

Oooh, you've got the "i."

The "i" stands for "I am bloody brilliant, I am quicker than you on the road."

So says the fat bloke at 25 min, 40 sec.

Watched the whole thing. Different world to today where everybody gets a new 4-Series every 2 years.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:55 PM, Schaefft said:

I bought this for my Senator before having had my Philips radio rebuild. I think I paid 30 quid, refurb'd by an old school Car Hifi guy. Might be of use?

Only problem is that I took it to Germany to eventually sell it there...

IMG_20220107_203607.jpg

If @richbraith takes this then he has to have a Peter Gabriel tape too, obviously.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, inconsistant said:

Nice! From the era when top of the range meant velour, not leather. 

Velour for me instead of leather every day of the week.

I used to examine the company car list like a hawk, and at the time of this car I’m pretty sure that leather was standard on the CD but you could get it deleted for a £1000 credit. This would probably have helped company car taxation based on the list price, although I can't recall 30 years on whether the taxation at this time was based on engine size or list price.

10 hours ago, 406V6 said:

Velour for me instead of leather every day of the week.

I used to examine the company car list like a hawk, and at the time of this car I’m pretty sure that leather was standard on the CD but you could get it deleted for a £1000 credit. This would probably have helped company car taxation based on the list price, although I can't recall 30 years on whether the taxation at this time was based on engine size or list price.

Never leather on a CD, the Diplomat had it and later the CDX which replaced the Diplomat mid way through the facelift but I'm not sure that leather was standard on the CDX unless it was a V6 one.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:30 PM, richbraith said:

Luton had NM, PP, UR and MJ I think.  Seen all those on Vauxhall registered cars.

My old GLS saloon, M726TMJ, which has been owned by a couple of others of this parish, was supplied new by Motorbodies of Luton.  Still got the original dealer plates, very delaminated, in my garage.

Luton was BH, BM, GS, KX, MJ, NM, PP, RO, TM, UR and VS.

On 5/14/2022 at 3:20 AM, Madman Of The People said:

280644803_848618739864865_3875429314165668971_n.jpg

Oooh, you've got the "i."

The "i" stands for "I am bloody brilliant, I am quicker than you on the road."

So says the fat bloke at 25 min, 40 sec.

I remember watching this with my parents when it was first broadcast, I seem to remember they got a shitload of complaints on Points of View because of “blokes being blokes”

the bit about the dude taking the badges off his lower spec Merc 😂