Kiltox’s 1994 Vauxhall Astra Cabriolet! 09/06 - notDITCHFINDERS

Kiltox

Is the aldi still behaving?

The van has a slight miss now and then when full throttle in 6th. I'm hoping to fuck it's the in tank pump causing it. I'm getting it changed when the mot is due in a couple of weeks.

I love it though. It's ten times better than that shitty custom that isn't even fit for purpose. Calling that a van is libelous.

6 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Is the aldi still behaving?

The van has a slight miss now and then when full throttle in 6th. I'm hoping to fuck it's the in tank pump causing it. I'm getting it changed when the mot is due in a couple of weeks.

I love it though. It's ten times better than that shitty custom that isn't even fit for purpose. Calling that a van is libelous.

Aye it’s still doing it’s thing. I changed the AC condenser the other week, need to get it gassed up and hope it works!

Glad the van’s still sort of going alright 😂- hopefully it’s a cheap fix 

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to report with this, it hasn’t really moved much apart from a quick blast in the sun the other day 

E95C5D94-6427-47CE-9431-267E044CA686.thumb.jpeg.ec2f010fb186f0a1db846ad6831618a5.jpeg98E83C67-F550-4BB0-93DB-76EC663D7221.thumb.jpeg.7c89b9b7ba745e5fb00bf3dea0ef9bec.jpeg

I could really do with an estate 😂 

Took it for four new tyres this afternoon and ATS only realised they didn’t actually have them after they’d stripped down all four wheels 🤦‍♂️ 

On 02/05/2022 at 22:41, New POD said:

I've owned 2 convertibles.

A 1974 mk4 Spitfire.  It was shit. It was 1985. My first car. 

And a 1997 mk1 mx5. Technically my wife's (hence the private reg plate) 

New second hand wings are almost ready to go on. New discs, pads and fitting kit, ordered today. Hope to get it in for an MOT before June. 

20220130_141400.jpg

20220130_141432.jpg

20220130_141402.jpg

20220327_183137.jpg

20220130_141420.jpg

20220130_141412.jpg

20220327_183037.jpg

Well that hasn't happened. Procrastination 

If you can cope with questionable service (maybe call ahead to make sure they’ve been delivered before going to your booked appointment) - ATS are offering £64 off 4 Avons at the moment. Was £183 for these four, cheaper than ditchfinders!!

1 minute ago, horriblemercedes said:

I don't think it is all in your mind. I honestly think that a set of half decent tyres works wonders for a car.

I might look at that tyre deal - I rate Avon quite highly as a mid range tyre

Tbh I think even just having them matching etc helps. I’ve put the ditchfinderest death rings I could find on the A8 and it’s better than it was before. 

• Kiltox changed the title to Kiltox’s 1994 Vauxhall Astra Cabriolet! 09/06 - notDITCHFINDERS

Had some serious problems with the audio in this. Radio has massive amounts of interference whether I’m listening to the radio or trying to use a FM transmitter to send my own tunes. 

It has an electric aerial which pops up automatically - I guess all is well but the signal is still shite. Dodgy wiring I guess. 

Now using a tape adaptor - you know that kind that have existed forever with a 3.5mm jack? One of those but it’s Bluetooth. Seems good. 

On 6/11/2022 at 1:30 AM, Kiltox said:

Had some serious problems with the audio in this. Radio has massive amounts of interference whether I’m listening to the radio or trying to use a FM transmitter to send my own tunes. 

It has an electric aerial which pops up automatically - I guess all is well but the signal is still shite. Dodgy wiring I guess. 

Now using a tape adaptor - you know that kind that have existed forever with a 3.5mm jack? One of those but it’s Bluetooth. Seems good. 

Needs a new mast. Doesn't go up last stage. 

On 6/11/2022 at 8:23 AM, yes oui si said:

This is great. The kind of thing that could tempt me into my first convertible. 

I've had over a dozen I reckon. You need to get one.

I did get a snide comment from an arsehole in a hi viz when I was in my pug 306 cabby. On Shields road he shouted over 'It's shit mate', I shouted back 'At least I'm not at fucking work you prick'.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

I've had over a dozen I reckon. You need to get one.

I did get a snide comment from an arsehole in a hi viz when I was in my pug 306 cabby. On Shields road he shouted over 'It's shit mate', I shouted back 'At least I'm not at fucking work you prick'.

Paulplomplumbers 24 hours a week, 7 days a month. 

• 4 weeks later...