The Griffin of disappointment.

Metal Guru

I was really amused reading a topic where the Audi badge was described as “The four rings of success”, so decided to start this topic where we can come up with similar descriptions based on the badges of various marques.

I’ll get us started with a few here, in addition to the title one.

The Blue oval of averageness.

The Silver diamond of unreliability.

I was really amused reading a topic where the Audi badge was described as “The four rings of success”, so decided to start this topic where we can come up with similar descriptions based on the badges of various marques.

I’ll get us started with a few here, in addition to the title one.

The Blue oval of averageness.

The Silver diamond of unreliability.

9 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Reminded me of this exchange on Facebook. 

Screenshot_20220501-222738_Facebook.thumb.jpg.3ee55158be6ba42466e95a3aed57879f.jpg

Turns out he was asking about a car to take stuff to the tip but you can generally tell how rough an area is by the number of ageing Vauxhalls littering the streets. 

Correlation or causation? 

Cost effective motoring, for the proletarian world. 

I think the Vauxhall thing stems from it being a car you were given not one you’d choose, something you’d have through circumstance not through choice.

A Zafira you’d end up with because you’d had a load of kids, nobody apart from my dad would have picked one above anything else unless they were forced to have a seven seater.

The Vectra would have been given to you as a company car otherwise you wouldn’t have picked a doom blue Life or Envoy. You’d have been living a lie telling everyone down the pub or at social BBQs that it was just as good as a Mondeo but inside you knew you’d been shafted and spent every waking hour looking for some evidence to the contrary.

Someone only recently pointed out the little man being eaten by the snake on the Alfa badge,  I think it's quite an apt description of Alfa ownership really, since I and several others have a 166 and it decided to go into limp mode within seconds of me getting behind the wheel for the very first time.  Anyway I'd like to call it "The Crest of Aaaaarghhhhh".

istockphoto-458682745-612x612.jpg

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

I think the Vauxhall thing stems from it being a car you were given not one you’d choose, something you’d have through circumstance not through choice.

A Zafira you’d end up with because you’d had a load of kids, nobody apart from my dad would have picked one above anything else unless they were forced to have a seven seater.

The Vectra would have been given to you as a company car otherwise you wouldn’t have picked a doom blue Life or Envoy. You’d have been living a lie telling everyone down the pub or at social BBQs that it was just as good as a Mondeo but inside you knew you’d been shafted and spent every waking hour looking for some evidence to the contrary.

The old Vauxhall versus Ford thing... hmm. I'm saying goodbye to the 54reg Signum(Vectra mutation) today. Walk past a 08reg Mondeo down the road, so pretty contemporary to it. Both cars seem depressingly similar to the untrained eye and have an air of resigned failure about them. In fact the Mondeo owner has a sticker to the effect that the devil may care, but he doesn't give a shit! Must admit the final Mondeos along with the final Insignias are handsome looking things though apart from the Vignales. Ratner would have been better! Think the Insignia was the better seller by a factor of 4 to 3.That's total sales of 4 Insignias against 3 Mondeos! 

2 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

The old Vauxhall versus Ford thing... hmm. I'm saying goodbye to the 54reg Signum(Vectra mutation) today. Walk past a 08reg Mondeo down the road, so pretty contemporary to it. Both cars seem depressingly similar to the untrained eye and have an air of resigned failure about them. In fact the Mondeo owner has a sticker to the effect that the devil may care, but he doesn't give a shit! Must admit the final Mondeos along with the final Insignias are handsome looking things though apart from the Vignales. Ratner would have been better! Think the Insignia was the better seller by a factor of 4 to 3.That's total sales of 4 Insignias against 3 Mondeos! 

Come on H Samuels or Warren James!