Official car colour

Flat4

I don't think this is anything to worry about but just wanted to double check with the hive mind. A car I'm interested in buying is quite clearly gunmetal grey in the flesh but on the log book, online tax, MOT history, etc, it's listed as silver....It's an extremely dark silver!!! Anyone seen anything like that before?

I'm not too concerned as the Granvia is apparently white and gold, when the bottom half is clearly silver, and the Merc is listed as blue when it's such a light blue that it looks silver too unless you're close up. Have the DVLA got limited colours or something??

4 hours ago, Shite Ron said:

I had a two year old mk3 Mondeo Ghia estate and original colour was on the log book as silver, the car was Gold and was clearly original and never resprayed. I would not worry.

Good old Oyster Silver.

I had a mk3 in that colour, it was clearly beige but because it was called Oyster Silver, the v5 said silver.

This car is apparently blue, according to the logbook.

Toyota_Yaris_OKZ.thumb.jpg.041d345d9a21cfa86073908f934a598e.jpg

It's absolutely a dark metallic grey to the casual observer, though under the bonnet where there's no metallic topcoat the grey base coat does have a blueish tinge.

Owned from new so definitely no jiggery-pokery with resprays.

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

This car is apparently blue, according to the logbook.

Toyota_Yaris_OKZ.thumb.jpg.041d345d9a21cfa86073908f934a598e.jpg

It's absolutely a dark metallic grey to the casual observer, though under the bonnet where there's no metallic topcoat the grey base coat does have a blueish tinge.

Owned from new so definitely no jiggery-pokery with resprays.

That looks blue to me

10 hours ago, Flat4 said:

I don't think this is anything to worry about but just wanted to double check with the hive mind. A car I'm interested in buying is quite clearly gunmetal grey in the flesh but on the log book, online tax, MOT history, etc, it's listed as silver....It's an extremely dark silver!!! Anyone seen anything like that before?

I'm not too concerned as the Granvia is apparently white and gold, when the bottom half is clearly silver, and the Merc is listed as blue when it's such a light blue that it looks silver too unless you're close up. Have the DVLA got limited colours or something??

Genmetal grey is silver...

In the spares place mixing paint people would often offer the helpful information  "it says green on the log book m8" when asked for the paint code.

When the car was registered,  the salesman looked out of the window and decided to call it Green  or Grey or whatever and wrote that on the sheet.

I'm surprised they still bother putting colour on the V5 now as everything made in the last 5 years seems to be some sort of grey.