Last car available with a 4 speed box?

Botzarb

So as I lay awake last night, thinking deep about life, a question not even google could answer came to me - 

What was the last car on sale that came with a manual 4 speed gearbox? 

Surely the Corsa B, Peugeot 106 and Suzuki Alto were all contenders, but does anyone know what it actually was? I feel as though there has been discussion on this before, but I can’t seem to find anything!

2 hours ago, Botzarb said:

I feel as though there has been discussion on this before, but I can’t seem to find anything!

We certainly had a discussion about cars with starting handles (or at least the holes for them) still in production - two UAZ's and a Chinese Jeep were the winners. 

As for 4 speed boxes - didn't the Reliant Rialto have one? Production stopped in 1998.

4 minutes ago, Blake's Den said:

+1 for a classic mini.

Production ended 4th October 2000 , last off the line X411JOP. There are a few 51 plate ones floating around.

I thought that gained a fifth gear towards the last couple of years of production.  Or am I thinking of the Metro (which definitely did when they stuffed the K series into it)?

Probably not in the spirit of the question, as U.K. imports ceased mid nineties, but the original shape Panda continued up until about twenty years ago in euro markets, was that still available with the 4 speed at the end of the production run?

5 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

I thought that gained a fifth gear towards the last couple of years of production.  Or am I thinking of the Metro (which definitely did when they stuffed the K series into it)?

There was a Jack Knight aftermarket five-speed 'box for the 'proper' Minis, but they weren't factory fit.

Wonder what the last vehicle uk available was where it was a cost option.

I had a mid 80s w123 and remember that a 4 speed Manual was standard, with automatic and 5 speed manual optional extras for £££. Good old merc doing what they did best.

4 hours ago, GeordieInExile said:

Even Wikipedia doesn't mention it - must have been hella rare, maybe on the earliest ones only?

Yeah, mine was a fairly early reg (can't remember it off-hand) but it was a weird drive. It desperately needed a 5th gear over 55mph, motorway journeys were less than pleasant.