I've done a silly......CITROEN XM

maxxo

Yea that sounds reasonable. Nice when that happens! 

As long as they put it on high they should be fine. Then get rhe spheres changed. Everything I've ever read about faffing with xm spheres ends with its good fun but ultimately ruins it in one way or another. 

Driving mine and the cylinders their in their own on fast swoopy roads, there's a timed run I've never beaten between Marlow and Stokenchurch when any had pregnancy pains with Eva, and I've tried a bit since in other cars. You still feel the shitty road surface though. Some speed bumps can be taken at speed but if they've got a shitty leading edge first you still need to go slow. We're gome by my mums old house that weren't there at 55cough! Zx did similar though when I had that before

12 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Yea that sounds reasonable. Nice when that happens! 

As long as they put it on high they should be fine. Then get rhe spheres changed. Everything I've ever read about faffing with xm spheres ends with its good fun but ultimately ruins it in one way or another. 

Driving mine and the cylinders their in their own on fast swoopy roads, there's a timed run I've never beaten between Marlow and Stokenchurch when any had pregnancy pains with Eva, and I've tried a bit since in other cars. You still feel the shitty road surface though. Some speed bumps can be taken at speed but if they've got a shitty leading edge first you still need to go slow. We're gome by my mums old house that weren't there at 55cough! Zx did similar though when I had that before

i reckon even if they don't it'll be alright once it's started back up and raised itself

i agree, new spheres are a job to be done soon, proper spheres.....don't care if it's firmer, i want it correct

it's not exactly nice as it is, if it rides like a C5 i'll be happy (well my C5 as it's best riding one i've ever been in)

timing belt will be done this year, i must admit i can't really comfortably afford to get it done, C5 needs a bit of work too and obviously that takes priority

On 6/6/2022 at 7:35 PM, maxxo said:

not much to report, been using it a fair bit recently

such as today, i had to go and collect something from Facebook marketplace.....yes, an actual pleasant marketplace transaction

anyway, decided to go in style

parked opposite a long japanese car

No description available.

i'd bought myself from halfords a spinny electricity polishing device

i'd never used one before

cue electrical humming noise and spinning, i had absolutely no idea what i was doing, i just put a couple of blobs of autoglym polish on it

my god, these things are useful

takes all the pain out of polishing

and the results....

i think it looks quite good!

I had one of those but the counterbalance weight sheared off. There is no spare parts service.

1 hour ago, maxxo said:

Ahhhh yes new circular rubber spinners fitted this morning

if in correct in the date code these are about a month since since they were manufactured! So nice and fresh

also got compliments from the tyre fitters on the car

2EFF1D80-7FBC-4902-8CFD-889956FE7109.jpeg

DB6FC0E8-36D2-44C2-8C74-0684BD1D06A3.jpeg

A1BB1139-CD8C-4A92-8EC5-8916535E7CC3.jpeg

3CF82362-78C5-4A83-9BFC-98823086163D.jpeg

Are these EfficientGrip2's? Been using then in the Merc and they're decent tyres, no complaints so far 

1 minute ago, OM646 said:

Are these EfficientGrip2's? Been using then in the Merc and they're decent tyres, no complaints so far 

They are indeed! Absolute bargain they were too……if I get on well with them I’ll put them on the rear too

nice garage too, first time I’d used them, very impressed 

6 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

That might help now they all match, even pressures/flex on the corners or other beardy Citroën reasons

only got the front tyres done! rears aren't cracked so they can stay for now

mind you, the new tyres feel so much softer

As you know I’ve been treating this car well, giving it the love it deserves, saving it

today it decided to repay me……..

I tried the blower fan again, this time it screeched for a moment……oooooh life I thought 

then it sort of caught fire and filled the car with smoke

rhankfully no damage

2 minutes ago, maxxo said:

Just done a 50 mile round trip in the XM

lovely drive

something quite exciting happened on the way back

i saw a C6

cue lots of waving, even from the C6's passengers!

i love that sort of stuff

Thought that shit only happened with MX5's lol 😅

The good old flash is quite nice but when it's full blown waving and flailing, I'm out :)

6 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Thought that shit only happened with MX5's lol 😅

The good old flash is quite nice but when it's full blown waving and flailing, I'm out :)

it was one of the most exciting things ever, BX sighting was just a flash

this was full on excitement!

been doing some XM fettling this morning
fuel filter day
before:
285435541_714890819725294_2727438394218125594_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p1080x2048&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=7YmccYGxXkAAX-VYE9Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AVIA9P98JzZ-ehIOIgq1enEuaSPKY50r5EJRY34pqnaJOQ&oe=62CA9C85
after:
285459314_3251532755164449_592556150235861015_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p1080x2048&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Wz4yPBylc8AAX8tpWq7&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AVL0pbJEn8IIPqAkBBJsHz6o2x7T3JHkU9iOh9BseuPM3w&oe=62CB038A
old housing had that weird thing on top with no primer bulb? strange
was in a right sorry state
wonder how old the actual filter was? said made in france, no web adress and most the writing worn off
I reckon that used to have a cap and plunger, but it's fallen off/been removed. That dirty cream disc is the diaphragm, no? I think they're the same construction - the new one has just a peined-over cap with the plunger in it, on top of the diaphragm...

7 minutes ago, chodweaver said:
22 minutes ago, maxxo said:
been doing some XM fettling this morning
fuel filter day
before:
285435541_714890819725294_2727438394218125594_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p1080x2048&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=7YmccYGxXkAAX-VYE9Z&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AVIA9P98JzZ-ehIOIgq1enEuaSPKY50r5EJRY34pqnaJOQ&oe=62CA9C85
after:
285459314_3251532755164449_592556150235861015_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p1080x2048&_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=Wz4yPBylc8AAX8tpWq7&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AVL0pbJEn8IIPqAkBBJsHz6o2x7T3JHkU9iOh9BseuPM3w&oe=62CB038A
old housing had that weird thing on top with no primer bulb? strange
was in a right sorry state
wonder how old the actual filter was? said made in france, no web adress and most the writing worn off

I reckon that used to have a cap and plunger, but it's fallen off/been removed. That dirty cream disc is the diaphragm, no? I think they're the same construction - the new one has just a peined-over cap with the plunger in it, on top of the diaphragm...

but you'd think you'd just install a new housing

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Only if you’d noticed it had fallen off. Very lucky it wasn’t leaking fuel everywhere!

yes looking at it some more, i have no idea how it wasn't leaking

or how you'd actually prime it back up after changing the filter, surely would be almost impossible

Just now, maxxo said:

yes looking at it some more, i have no idea how it wasn't leaking

or how you'd actually prime it back up after changing the filter, surely would be almost impossible

I suspect it has come apart after the last fuel filet change and before your purchase. I had a very similar thing on my CX DTR that was letting air into the fuel lines leading to surging. It was only when it fell apart ( and was replaced) when fitting a new filter that the problem was cured.

8 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I suspect it has come apart after the last fuel filet change and before your purchase. I had a very similar thing on my CX DTR that was letting air into the fuel lines leading to surging. It was only when it fell apart ( and was replaced) when fitting a new filter that the problem was cured.

must have been like that for absolutely years

in no way was that filter recent, it was mega old and completely siezed to the housing too

i do still suspect this car has suffered a fair bit of neglect in the past

14 minutes ago, maxxo said:

must have been like that for absolutely years

in no way was that filter recent, it was mega old and completely siezed to the housing too

i do still suspect this car has suffered a fair bit of neglect in the past

Safe hands now though.

6 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Safe hands now though.

very safe, just looking forward to getting it almost finished

i'm still undecided as to wether i keep it or sell it on as a very good example......

i do fancy doing maybe a CX next, or a BX......