I've done a silly......CITROEN XM

maxxo

52 minutes ago, chodweaver said:

Ps In case I haven't communicated this sufficiently before: impressed and jealous in equal measure with your purchase, progress and ultimately, rescue of this beast. My only gripe with mine is that the four-pedal dance of a manual with that parking brake is a bit frantic for the nature of the rest of the car, and i want to know what an auto 2.1td goes like

from what i felt it went very well, similar feeling to the C5.....bit more lag etc and ovbiously less refined

yes i'm impressed with myself for actually buying it!

trust me, this car is safe

i did have a worry about it's future, certainly if i didn't buy it i was told he'd probably end up scrapping it which would be sad

6 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

True but are they chav-blue?!

i don't know i'm afraid

they were shiny

not many motor factors that are very good round here

halford's are quite good really, certainly been quite impressed with them lately

damn side better than euro car parts

8 minutes ago, maxxo said:

i don't know i'm afraid

they were shiny

not many motor factors that are very good round here

halford's are quite good really, certainly been quite impressed with them lately

damn side better than euro car parts

How is the price compared to these:

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h1-osram-night-breaker-laser-next-generation.html

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h1-osram-night-breaker-laser-150-next-generation-12v-55w-pair.html

I might have some yellow H1 spare I could send you if you fancy being completely blind but cool as fuck!

59 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

How is the price compared to these:

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h1-osram-night-breaker-laser-next-generation.html

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h1-osram-night-breaker-laser-150-next-generation-12v-55w-pair.html

I might have some yellow H1 spare I could send you if you fancy being completely blind but cool as fuck!

ooooooo

yellow headlights

they'll be uttery terrible, likely so terrible i need to use the front fogs to be able to see anything

but as you say

cool

1 hour ago, maxxo said:

just been planning my first journey on the day i collect it

i feel a 100 or so mile proving run at rush hour is a great idea for a car i don't know and has been off the road for years

oh and an XM

Great idea, but 100miles out and 100 miles back would be better!

On 5/16/2022 at 6:16 PM, maxxo said:

ooooooo

yellow headlights

they'll be uttery terrible, likely so terrible i need to use the front fogs to be able to see anything

but as you say

cool

I've got yellow head light bulbs on the BX (well, bulb covers) 

Can confirm that they look cool as penguin piss, but I can't see a chuffing thing at night. Worth it though. It's all very French. 

11 hours ago, SmokinWaffle said:

I've got yellow head light bulbs on the BX (well, bulb covers) 

Can confirm that they look cool as penguin piss, but I can't see a chuffing thing at night. Worth it though. It's all very French. 

It's authentically dangerous. I like it.

i've been thinking about this car quite a bit

as in, once it's on the road it really won't need too much

now the main thing is i'm worried about is just making it look nice

it's a lot of work, as quite simply this car has been neglected and ruined unfortunately

so the work will be reversing that, going to be great fun to do

3 hours ago, maxxo said:

This should be me in a few days!

i'm going to drive it round the countryside

and use my Sport suspension mode!

Sadly “sports” is a waste of time on the Mk. 1. Later cars like your C5 have sports mode to tighten the parameters to cut the extra spheres out and tighten things up. The early one just locks them out all the time. You will however be amazed by how good it is at doing it’s job all on its own in normal/auto mode . The CX spheres may make it a bit odd though but will be very interesting to hear what you think of them. 

1 hour ago, jamescarruthers said:

Sadly “sports” is a waste of time on the Mk. 1. Later cars like your C5 have sports mode to tighten the parameters to cut the extra spheres out and tighten things up. The early one just locks them out all the time. You will however be amazed by how good it is at doing it’s job all on its own in normal/auto mode . The CX spheres may make it a bit odd though but will be very interesting to hear what you think of them. 

i'm also very interested in seeing how the CX spheres will perform

i likely won't be keeping them on there, as i'd rather have the correct ones so it handles, dampens and rides as it was designed