I've done a silly......CITROEN XM

maxxo

there's been a lot of car thefts locally, which is disgusting

both modern and old

i've become slightly concerned about this, so much so i've just ordered this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360639983701?epid=1329448454&hash=item53f7d17055:g:UjUAAOSwqOdeHH1t&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoOXcoEKRH9ZRPWVcGiozN31A6fG0zRDJcLVNbrA98BBm404SqS0V5fGrVhmTtJ8O9mW9E1HETYwcV3JAWoEsnLZXxXn5uivVr9kFBWLZ5khlOpkUBdqnfEgt4eQHbDiRtc2dMsS1nXzgoSAeQEZQtuVuLViBlFaTBK7Zc8DIQMi18n4USiXKvqczq4x0Yu9hjr%2BebOkg4YktbWq9f5ZdZd0%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_SV9cCKYQ

Picture 1 of 4

£40 posted

cheap enough to be worth a try

i've still got the original alarm i removed, however, it was quite troublesome and i thought perhaps it's best to fit something modern which is likely to be more stable

4 hours ago, ETCHY said:

Get a steering lock of some description too. That might help deter the thieving bastards.

I’ve got a stoplock I set every time I park 

but I think an alarm is a good choice, it’s £40, I’m not going to mess about sorting the old one when a new one is £40

• maxxo changed the title to I've done a silly......CITROEN XM live FTP!
  • maxxo changed the title to I've done a silly......CITROEN XM

At least some of the breakdown wallahs got into it because they like solving problems and helping people. I've been fortunate in that most who have come out to me have been that type, and there's also the matter of them enjoying seeing something other than a modern that just goes into limp mode* and requires recovery to the main dealer...

(*Though one could argue that's what your XM just did :)

Whatever... Glad you're proceeding again!

26 minutes ago, chodweaver said:

At least some of the breakdown wallahs got into it because they like solving problems and helping people. I've been fortunate in that most who have come out to me have been that type, and there's also the matter of them enjoying seeing something other than a modern that just goes into limp mode* and requires recovery to the main dealer...

(*Though one could argue that's what your XM just did :)

Whatever... Glad you're proceeding again!

Yes he was telling me about how many cars are failing at the moment due to lack of maintenance, he said he goes to 2-3 timing belt failures a day now!

said he’s never been to an XM before, I’d say he was around my age (23) but seemed to know his stuff, very helpful guy

I’ve never had breakdown cover before, I bought some in April as there was an offer on with the AA for the top package for £70 I think

bloody glad I did!

+1 for the AA guys, they've always been great with me and strangely appreciative of my shite wagons. Quite interesting asking them what they've been called out to, plenty of modernz failing embarrassingly. 

Really glad you're mobile again and it wasn't anything serious 👍