I've done a silly......CITROEN XM

maxxo

5264E1E4-9351-4E4E-9E33-D45464E36484.thumb.jpeg.e7eade14ff0d7043142e3e6eacb79f12.jpeg

54C8703D-CF19-423E-A470-9371B081C60B.thumb.jpeg.6e580b6653a6ab25de6d00d9f83108c0.jpeg

AEA6893A-98B1-4602-932F-1709995D8D65.thumb.jpeg.c57081a710a354e06bfd5a99361eb330.jpeg

so this is where my fuel leak is coming from, buggery!

also fixed the parking brake and it seems the pedal is soaking wet

there is a smell I first thought was tinned carrots and now thinking about it, it’s a very sweet smell inside the car……carpets are damp too

starter motor keeps jamming

also I’ve disconnected the central locking

oh yeah the suspension won’t settle if you adjust it with the lever which is also most exciting 

Excellent bonus news!

yes coolant was leaking into the car, from one of the heater pipes which had come slightly loose! Sorted that

now, the pump

ive rubbed some of the wrong sealant round it which has made a slight different ready for my proper stuff to come later in the week 

989CA180-B406-4910-A139-0F818E7A3537.thumb.jpeg.a389ecf38c4264f9e339d40481573282.jpeg

it is still leaking, but to a lesser degree which is good!

so we know what that means

AF35AB95-F28C-4367-8A0C-8FBF18E513CA.thumb.jpeg.9dd205e60e52487014bc92ff32e19cc6.jpeg

yes, I took it for a drive!

all was well, hydractive is now working correctly which is a huge bonus

making some surprising progress

central locking im just going to leave for now, it’s not essential and the car is useable without it

so what’s left?

replace the ignition switch and see what change that makes

clean the connections on the starter motor

sort everything electrically i can

stop the pump leaking

fix the rest of the niggles

then in all honesty I think I’m going to sell it on, to someone with some more skills to sort the last of it

what do we reckon it’ll be worth?

New belts, good tyres, running and driving, MOT till may, no real rot, new spheres, working hydractive etc

i paid £1,000 for it

surely £1,500 at least?

39 minutes ago, maxxo said:

Remote Key Card for Renault Vel Satis 2 Button with PCF7947 Chip — Access  Fobs

yeah but, look how cool it is!

you can wave it around a bit so people know just how posh, executive and luxurious* you are

not that you're a right weirdo

At least you can attach a keyring to that. Can't do that with the later ones. Vehicle progressors (the folk who move cars about, find out where they are etc) at AC used to gaffa tape the tracker and information tags to the cards on the newer ones. 😂

10 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

At least you can attach a keyring to that. Can't do that with the later ones. Vehicle progressors (the folk who move cars about, find out where they are etc) at AC used to gaffa tape the tracker and information tags to the cards on the newer ones. 😂

You can't even do that! The hole end goes into the dash! So you'd have to unclip it/take it off all the time! 

On my Paris it had handsfree everything so the card could stay in my wallet. I smashed one over 8 months of my fat arse sitting on it although it still worked electrically! 

2nd laguna wasn't handsfree so the card went into my pocket. Killed one by putting it through the washing machine 😂

13 hours ago, beko1987 said:

You can't even do that! The hole end goes into the dash! So you'd have to unclip it/take it off all the time! 

On my Paris it had handsfree everything so the card could stay in my wallet. I smashed one over 8 months of my fat arse sitting on it although it still worked electrically! 

2nd laguna wasn't handsfree so the card went into my pocket. Killed one by putting it through the washing machine 😂

The Megane II one had a hole for you to clip it onto your keys at least. But it had no hole or any form of retaining mechanism on the other end. When I had mine, I had various different sets of keys and keyrings attached. One particularly sharp trip around a roundabout caused the key to fall out of the slot and into the passenger footwell. Fortunately the car kept running!