Wgl Sporadic Tinkering - one in...... one out?

Wgl2019

Or maybe not, pics from when I bought it a couple of years ago.

They flatter it quite a lot ....... still very green though.

2.0 carb, not quick but a nice cruiser.

After doing some basic servicing I realised that a bit of hot metal glue action is required, welder has been purchased now just need to find the time to get some practice in.

Needs sills replacing and a rear suspension mount making, nothing too extreme but a good learning experience for me!

3940064c0311.jpg

54153562a986.jpg

3 hours ago, Wgl2019 said:

Or maybe not, pics from when I bought it a couple of years ago.

They flatter it quite a lot ....... still very green though.

2.0 carb, not quick but a nice cruiser.

After doing some basic servicing I realised that a bit of hot metal glue action is required, welder has been purchased now just need to find the time to get some practice in.

Needs sills replacing and a rear suspension mount making, nothing too extreme but a good learning experience for me!

3940064c0311.jpg

54153562a986.jpg

Love the colour and interior and thank you!  

• 2 months later...
  • Wgl2019 changed the title to Wgl Sporadic Tinkering - one in...... one out?

1.0 3cyl Up! Is actually quicker than the 280bhp lightly tweeted Saab Aero.......

(to wash).

Bodywork is decent, usual swirl marks but this gives me a chance to play with a da polisher I have had for a while. Will need to get the wheels off and give the inner arches a good clean, VW decided rear arch liners were not required and so there can be a load of crud leading to corrosion issues. Liners can be purchased cheaply so in due course a set will be going on.

I've also ordered all the bits to do a full service (air, oil and cabin filters plus oil and 3 spark plugs).  After this I can't see that the brake fluid or coolant has been changed since new, there is some debate about when these should be done but I like to have a clean sheet.

My mates dad has potentially got an interest in the Saab however if this doesn't happen expect a slightly reluctant for sale advert appearing.

Is anyone interested in seeing routine maintenance on a small newish car on here?