Handsome bastard, fighting me all the way...

eddyramrod

This is what the M6 looked like...

DSCN3536.thumb.JPG.625c1a9498d3609dcc77f91f45c6e1f9.JPG

Funny how, when I see something old on the motorway, it's usually a 205.

Huggy's interior looked like this...

DSCN3535.thumb.JPG.7b50c74f74364bedc556316d85f14fd6.JPG

Provisions on the seat, documents and coat on the floor.  And pretty much the same layout on the Jag on the way back.

Well done Eddy, for keeping Huggy alive and in the public eye for so long. And passing him on to a new owner as a living, working thing. So sad to see old cars left to die, the owners convinced they're worth a lot of money and they'll get round to doing them up one day. The Jaguar looks  a lovely thing. Forgive my ignorance, but is it one of the aluminium bodied ones? 

Exactly Ken!  The Jag does feel very much like a car I should be driving.  So does Huggy, but in different ways.  Next month I would have had him six years, which is longer than I've had any other car.  I can't see reaching the same point with the Jag, but who knows?  It is lovely.

It was a delight to finally meet HMC too, he seems like the right man for the next stage in Huggy's life.

15 hours ago, Pieman said:

Oh my goodness, Eddy's finally got rid of Huggy - I think you've been trying to move him on since I joined the forum!

Good luck with the Jag.

Thanks. 

Huggy broke down on a long trip four years ago, I got my orders back then, he had to go.  I've deliberately not put a great deal of effort into moving him on; posting him on other people's threads became a running joke.  I love/d having a Cadillac!  I didn't seriously expect HMC to take the bait, even though he's done Detroit before, but fortunately the car he was offering was appropriate as a replacement.  So when he messaged me, I thought I'd better stand by my offer.  So yesterday was the culmination of that process.

• eddyramrod changed the title to Goodbye Huggy, hello Handsome

Yesterday I had a blast round some local village roads that don't even qualify for a B number.  Suspension: a bit on the firm side, but totally unflappable.  Power: more than adequate ;)  I'm still feeling the loss of Huggy but the more I drive this, the more I warm to it.

And it plays cassettes!  I've resurrected the boxes of them that were in my lockup, along with a load of CDs because it has a changer in the trunk.  I need to load that up, because I got a new Puppini Sisters CD for my birthday and haven't played it yet.