The Odd Cylindered And Odd Looking Beast From The Far East | Rexton does it again 🫡 / It's fkd m8 😑

Out Run

7 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Can't be any worse than cars with big intake scoops on the bonnet for tmics surely. 

I know some snorkels have a leak off for BIG water ingress. 

A TMIC won't draw water in, just has air passing through it.  But yeah, there's plenty of CAI setups that would be at risk, if it was an issue.

• Out Run changed the title to The Odd Cylindered And Odd Looking Beast From The Far East | GLASShole
Just now, loserone said:

Oh aye, I should have recognised that - I did them in my impreza once after visiting the quarry.

Nice work lol. No ground clearance issues?

I dragged my diff a couple of times, but that was on the lane where you turn left, after the quarry.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bothered my arse, to replace the false floor that I made from cheapo ply, during Lockdown.

I've kept the frame, but went with 18mm phenolic ply, this time. Instead of the central access hatch, I have hinged half of the floor, so I have maximum access to tbe surprisingly useful space, which used to be the footwells and seat squab area.

It's fitted with proper bike fork mounts this time - not the tubing from my loft ladder handle and conduit clamps - and x8 lashing points, as opposed to zero.

It's not finished, yet, as I am going to add T Bar handle latches, a gas strut and make a frame of sorts to hold x4 25L drums, the frame, along with the bike mounts will be easily removable, so I can keep the flat floor, but it probably won't ever be much 'tidier'. Given the use of this car is threefold; Green laner, MTB carrier and anything else/tip trips etc.

As you know, I am hardly precious about it.

It's a workhorse and always will be.

I also upped my funnel game, by buying a couple of bolt on magnets and attaching them to the funnels  #gamechanger and after 5.5 years, it has earned better than the shit, ill fitting, mismatched Aldi seat covers that it permanently wore and now rocks my extremely long serving Town & Country set. They make a lot of sense in here and are the best seat covers I have had. 
I am down to 2 for the other cars now. I guess I will be buying 2 more.

58C04FD9-5072-4EF5-A6DD-8BE68B83D6FA.jpeg

504DA9A2-9701-40B8-85EB-39B933900B6D.jpeg

16E61445-8B3C-4B36-9BC3-069A5C46865C.jpeg

8A8D7806-E0D2-4818-A564-6578D549823A.jpeg

• Out Run changed the title to The Odd Cylindered And Odd Looking Beast From The Far East | False floor V2

Also it turns out that an MR2 turbo happily carries 100L of WVO.

The rear boot on these is always referred to as small, but given the size of the car, I can never agree.

I should probably include the goings on with that car in this thread, too - evidence of recent engine loom swap, highlighted by me not clipping the carpet back into place.

DDEA3870-85D1-4120-B72E-B2EB8A7E2FF3.jpeg

12 hours ago, Out Run said:

Aye. Just the job.

You could always bolt two to the one funnel, if you felt the need.

9A220FF9-ED2A-433F-8831-9C4844D77B23.png

Fantastic idea, that I will be duly copying. Say goodbye to gaffer tape and helpers with this one neat trick that scientists don't want you to know. 

MAGNETS. 

• Out Run changed the title to The Odd Cylindered And Odd Looking Beast From The Far East | How many Euro pallets will fit inside?
30 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Nine and still enough room for a passenger, a spare wheel and a couple of packed lunches. 

It was hot so you'd need the window open anyway. 

Always a pleasure to roll with the hatch glass open, Slow asphyxiation via WVO.

I dig it.

24 minutes ago, Out Run said:

Always a pleasure to roll with the hatch glass open, Slow asphyxiation via WVO.

I dig it.

I had the boot up once with a sofa in the back with my Xantia estate and every time I sat idled the car filled with veg exhaust 😂 wondered what was going on at first, thank goodness it was in hybrid mode or it could have been dangerous. 

• Out Run changed the title to The Odd Cylindered And Odd Looking Beast From The Far East | First world problems
On 6/24/2022 at 8:12 AM, beko1987 said:

I had the boot up once with a sofa in the back with my Xantia estate and every time I sat idled the car filled with veg exhaust 😂 wondered what was going on at first, thank goodness it was in hybrid mode or it could have been dangerous. 

Hybrid mode. Love it. 😅