What you getting economy wise?

Bren

I’ve been driving all over the country doing the sales rep part of my job the last few weeks. The insight got 26km/l when driving carefully to Manchester and back from Brighton, I managed the full journey on a single tank which is about 36 litres. Careful driving proved too tedious to repeat and I’m on 24km/l on the tank I used to get to Rotherham and then Leicester before returning home. In understandable units that is about 73mpg and 68mpg respectively.

The Insight is great for profitable mileage claims… can’t say it’s the best place to be for hours at motorway speed though. As each journey passes I feel I’m getting closer to buying an appropriately old and shitty diesel barge to eat up the miles/leave me stranded on the hard shoulder.

30MPG in 2002 Audi TT - Mainly A road to work slightly spirited 30 mile round trip and using Tesco Momentum 99 as always. Unfortunately the fill up is now £95 a time but well worth it!

38MPG in 2006 Fiesta Zetec S - Use this for the school run 7 mile round trip.

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 1:27 AM, Daviemck2006 said:

I'm jealous of those who claim 60mpg from their vag 1.6tdi. My Leon rarely said more than 45 on the trip computer, and my caddys last tank worked out at 42.4. It seems slower than the chippys one, both 1.6 102bhp, and its trip computer says 40 to 42. My caddy does not have a computer and is going in for a remap and timing belt to see if it improves any. The yeti, 2.0td 140 dsg says 40 to 42 on the computer. Never worked it out to see if its accurate.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I got 72mpg on long runs and 55 mpg on town driving on my 1.6tdi Octavia. 

Currently getting 37 to 39 mpg on my 1.5TSI Octavia. Not too bad for a 150 hp car. 

The ‘97 1.4i ZX I have is returning about 40 but I’m running it on E5. 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, vulgalour said:

Getting similar figures to your 1.8 Merc from my 1.7 Princess at around 22mpg urban.  Not been driving as far afield as usual because of *waves hands at world in general* but I know from past experience it'll return mid-to-high 30s on a run.  Never quite managed to get 40mpg out of it.  It's not bad for an essentially 70s car really.

I would have thought you'd get better round town, mine did 23-24 and that was a 2.0 automatic.

Remember when I said I didn't know and didn't care?  Back when I had a Cadillac I hardly used?

Well now I've got a Jag I use somewhat more often, and today I've been to Chester to see my sister, so most of the day has been on Cruise.  OBC sez 27mpg average, but I don't know when it was last zeroed,, what kind of driving it covers and over what period.  I know that round town I have a terrible tendency to a heavy right foot in this one...  27 might not be too bad out of a 3.5 litre V8!

On 4/12/2022 at 9:15 PM, Jazoli said:

21mpg 

V70 2.4 Petrol Auto doing 1.5 miles in town every day.

Don't really care too much

47mpg Z900RS doing 200 miles a weekend

Don't really care much either.

To update my new E270CDI which was bought to replace the thirsty V70 is averaging 40 mpg as it's used mainly round town, and will easily crack 50mpg on longer runs, seeing as there's less than 5p difference between petrol and diesel prices now I'm technically almost twice as much better off. 

My bike is doing 0mpg but not using any fuel as I can't be arsed to ride it this year. 

Rover 75 Diesel auto: 38.5mpg

Saab 2.0 Petrol Turbo manual: 32mpg (Wife has a heavyish right foot!)

Saab 2.0 Petrol Auto: 28mpg (Driving like Miss Daisy when the wife and son are in it and like my trousers are on fire when they're not)

Cavalier 1.6 Petrol, no idea as it doesn't have an MPG display and I've got better things to do than sit and calculate it. All I know is that E5 is cheaper than diesel now. Madness 😂

The Scirocco is amazing me more and more.

Just drove a 45 minute journey from the coast, lots of windy back roads and then a 20 min stretch at 50-60. Pulled in the drive, average MPG for that journey? 72.3 mpg.

Put £99 in it at pay at pump last week, done 284 miles and it still has 475 miles on the range, so over a tank we’re still talking mid 60s. 

Brilliant car. 

My W202 1.8 auto gets an average 37mpg to a tank full.

This is all town and country driving for my commute.

Mind you, to achieve that I have had to consistently drive it very carefully keeping the revs right down and relying on my momentum down hill to help go up the next.

It was so hard to get into doing that and keeping it up as its not a fast car so the urge to put your foot down especially when running late was high.

Despite the 37, I still need more so the merc is coming off the road for a tidy up and I'll put something else smaller on the road and see if i can get better.

Filled up Friday Morning. Was on 28 mpg after commuting for 35 miles.  Drove about 15 miles on B roads was up to 30 mpg.

Drove on empty Dual carriageway and motorway at the speed limit, (Mostly 70, but some 50, and 40)  for 110 miles, now showing 38 mpg.  

I'm currently sitting at 40-42mpg on average, as the car seems to have fixed itself... somehow. I'm doing about 175 miles a week now, which is down from the 190 I was doing. 

We're down to using the Fabia for commuting and that since it's better on petrol than the Duster, which has been mostly shelved, is only doing about 30 miles a week now at most.