What you getting economy wise?

Bren

23 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

The current V6 3.0 turbo diesel Audi Allroad varies. Going to work gives me 34ish mpg, and returning gives about 38mpg. This can vary very sharply dependant on weather, temperature, traffic, timing of traffic lights and if it’s decided to do a regen which kills economy.  It can be as low as 21 if it’s in regen. But the other morning I got 39mpg on my way in to work.

the worst part of this car is the fuel range. A full tank will give around 520 miles. My trip to work is 6 miles. I can loose 5 miles off the range every 2 miles driven….. which REALLY fucks with my OCD and gets on my nerves. I parked up at work this morning with 485 miles left. I started it up tonight to go home and it’s down to 480. Then 475 then 470, then 465 when I arrive at home, 6 miles later. Grrrrrrrr. 

Not bad for a 3.0 V6 diesel. 

C33C088F-F779-4697-A42E-A6EB756BEB09.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Got 44-46ish with the Manuel so you're not doing too badly. 

so long as i get over 400 miles per tank i'm happy

i don't really think £75 or so to do those 400 miles is that unreasonable tbh

8 hours ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

civic 1.8 i-shift 43-48mpg

solihull town centre-->M42-->M6-->A4600/A46-->Walsgrave = 26 miles

or

solihull town centre-->M42-->A45-->A46-->Walsgrave = 16 miles

Is that on 95 or 98 octane? Our Mk9 1.8 struggles to get 43mpg and Honda have supposed to worked the engine over the mk8 to reduce losses. Usually motorway trips gets 40-42mpg, no matter how hard we try. I'm hoping a service with filters+plugs+0w-20 will help improve it. 

Not sure if the estate is less aero dynamic than a hatch either. 

A4 2.0PD around 48-52mpg

Civic 1.8 petrol around 39-43mpg

Boxster 2.7 between 25-38mpg (35mpg+ easily doable on a long 70mph journey)

MGB no idea but I think 20-25mpg

Midget, Moggie and Dolomite haven't used a tank of fuel up in years...

18 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is that on 95 or 98 octane? Our Mk9 1.8 struggles to get 43mpg and Honda have supposed to worked the engine over the mk8 to reduce losses. Usually motorway trips gets 40-42mpg, no matter how hard we try. I'm hoping a service with filters+plugs+0w-20 will help improve it. 

Not sure if the estate is less aero dynamic than a hatch either. 

pretty much exclusively costco juice mostly 95 but 97 now and then £££ permitting

cruise set at 59-70 which is 64-65 on twatnav

16 hours ago, New POD said:

I don't think I ever got a tanks worth that low. Mind you I never used it around town. 

My 3.0 MV6 Auto used to average 24 mpg, which I thought was hideous at the time. But its a heavy old barge with an autobox so probably about right

Xj40 is doing is doing 19mpg (mostly town driving short trips when used )

metro about 35mpg (occasional commuting in place of the T5)

t25 about 25mpg (on holiday in it last week)

t5 2.5 is about 30mpg (wife commutes across town in this and does the school run)

my daily diesel Jag is about 50mpg (town driving 9 mile commute). This is the only one with a trip computer and seems pretty accurate.

11-plate Volvo S60 D3, so the 2.0l 5-cyl lump with 163bhp - brimmed it today and calculated a 39mpg average from the last tank, which consisted mainly of 3 weeks' worth of commuting (24-mile round trip, mainly stop-start to 40mph with a mile or two at 50mph) and an airport run done at "Oh fuck me, we've slept in" speeds. Driven less ape-ishly, you can expect high 50s on a run but it's a bit of a pig round town so it balances out to around low-mid 40s mpg-wise.

70L fuel tank gives solid range, but eye-watering to get it brimmed at these prices (and I'll typically run it to fumes). Worst fill was 29th March, 64.46L @ £1.85 meant that I hit the £99 pay-at-pump limit and then needed another £20 on top to get it brimmed.

I did 400 miles in the ex kiltox citroen relay mwb with roof rack. Computer says 33.8mpg. £135 to fill it and it used two thirds of a tank. It has a speed limiter set to 70mph but satnav says 66mph.

Pug 107 averages 60mpg per tank and is usually driven flat out everywhere.

1 hour ago, sierraman said:
2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

Impreza WRX 265bhp , normally 25mpg on fast A road with lots of overtaking.

Would do over 30 on a motorway if they’d had fitted a 6 speed .

Our focus is like that (1.6 power house 🤣), at 70 mph it’s crying out for a sixth gear. 

Same issue here. Indicated 70 is about 3,600rpm in 5th on the Fabia. Gets pretty feckin grating after some time on the motorway.