What you getting economy wise?

Bren

Volvo 850: Just under 22mpg though I mostly use it to potter about Glasgow.

W204 C220CDI Merc: 45ish mpg, mostly for longer distance trips on the motorway. Could get 55mpg at a push if I tried!

I'm jealous of those who claim 60mpg from their vag 1.6tdi. My Leon rarely said more than 45 on the trip computer, and my caddys last tank worked out at 42.4. It seems slower than the chippys one, both 1.6 102bhp, and its trip computer says 40 to 42. My caddy does not have a computer and is going in for a remap and timing belt to see if it improves any. The yeti, 2.0td 140 dsg says 40 to 42 on the computer. Never worked it out to see if its accurate.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Macscrooge said:

Ok, full disclosure - this was after a mostly downhill 2 miles from filling up. Normally I get 29.5mpg. Not great in absolute terms but for a heavy and ridiculously comfortable SUV (the RX) not at all bad......

I've only ever had a tankful or two of sub-30 mpg from my RX, in the depths of winter when the hybrid battery seems to be less efficient, doing short journeys and having to let it warm up to clear windows. If I can get some longer, cross-county runs in then it's more like 35-36, but generally I seem to hover around 33-34 mpg. I recently managed to get this after a couple of gentle drives and filling-up when fully warm:

image.thumb.jpeg.967728f7ac5654cb67aa1823b917cc2d.jpeg

I don't recall any of my 2.2 manual Camrys getting much better than low 30s, so likewise I'm happy with what it's doing.

The LS400 was closer to 22 on the odd occasion I checked it and the Laurel does somewhere approaching 30 which doesn't seem bad for a carb-fed, straight-six dating back to the '60s. I think being a 5-speed manual and having a reasonable bit of torque helps that one.

6 hours ago, PhilA said:

On a long run, probably in the low to mid teens. Which ain't bad at all, considering.

The first time I took it down to the south coast (400-ish miles each way) we worked out my average to 18-19, which must mean on the motorway I was beating 20.  But a Cadillac is not about economy; if that mattered I'd be driving a Daihatsu Charade or some such.

GR Yaris 1.6T - 27 locally, 40 on a run

Mazda 3 - 28 locally, 35-40 on a run

Kodiaq 1.5 TSI DSG - 33 locally, 45 on a run

Mate of mine has an A6 3.0 TDI as a daily alongside his BMW M4 CS. With the increase in fuel prices it's actually cheaper to run the M4 on vPower than the A6 on supermarket diesel with his usage!

E240 does 25mpg locally 33 on a run

Boxster does 29mpg everywhere

330i does 21mpg locally 30 on a run

C30 2.4 does 28 mpg only used locally

All auto except Boxster.

Locally for us is Milton Keynes , which is probably the worse place for economy . All National speed limit with lots of roundabouts . So you’re always accelerating up to 70/80 then some outsider will slow down , or worse stop, for a roundabout. Thebes economy and progress depends on momentum and knowing the proper rac…, erm , I mean economy line , through roundabouts.

My daily - 2016 Passat 1.6 Bluemotion estate managed 55.1 mpg on the last tank, measured brim to brim, and not too far away from the on board trip computer, I have been driving frugally on my 70mile a day commute though.

My Classic - 1969 Mini 850 still has the same fuel it was put away with in November - thankfully with a storage additive

My Toy - Fabia vRS is still under cover in the garage and has been since 2016 - no concerns over mpg on that currently......

Range Rover-14mpg on LPG which is equivalent to a petrol car doing around 30mpg price wise

Kangoo gets used for shorter journeys mainly and a bit of hooning, it averaged 33mpg over the last tank

I find that when i buy something for economy I drive around all the time looking at the OBD. In the Rangey I just waft and don't care.

I probably only do about 500 miles a month between the two cars just now though, if i was doing more I'd rethink things.

4 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

The first time I took it down to the south coast (400-ish miles each way) we worked out my average to 18-19, which must mean on the motorway I was beating 20.  But a Cadillac is not about economy; if that mattered I'd be driving a Daihatsu Charade or some such.

Correct. My BMW is pretty good for the size of the lump - in fact rising fuel prices havn't completely ruled out a V8 as a replacement.

Finally, a reason to get my nerd-notebook out! Average over a tank around the low-mid 60s, it’s dropped slightly on the last one as we’re on honeymoon in hilly Devon, I like twisty A-roads and the car has been at wide open throttle basically the whole time. ‘98 106 1.5D, 114,000 miles. I’d really like a 406 estate, but at the moment it just doesn’t make sense to change. 

4978A482-C46A-4BAA-88AC-03863665B632.jpeg

5D78C41E-4648-415C-BFE1-1F55D2F0FD31.jpeg