European Road Trips - Travels with Montaigne

lesapandre

All 2CV I have seen are in super condition. This one seen parked on the street looked as new. An early one.

Lots of old cars about - I even saw a Citroen SM in a country lane and a Renault 17 2-dr coming out of a driveway.

Some Rovers still on the road - a very nice 75 spotted - and a Rover 218 turbo-diesel that the owner was very keen on. 

20220604_141236.jpg

On 6/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, lesapandre said:

At the pumps. I just put 90€ in.

20220603_161519.jpg

20220603_161512.jpg

Ah finalment un ZX!! 

I’ve done a few French roadtrips. The most notable one was back in 2013 in a choddy ‘03 plate Renault Scènic 1.6 Fidji that we’d owned since new. 

Glasgow to Dover then first thing in the morning off via DFDS to Dunkerque then a rather long drive to Normandy. A few days there sightseeing there then off to Messanges in Gascony. Because we so close to the Spanish border a trip to Bilbao was orchestrated. 

Then onto Berny-Rivière for the remaining few days where I refused to drive for two days after experiencing the Boulevard Peripherique. 

Another few terrific days spent in the Somme it was off to Bruges via Reims and Lille. 

Bruges - f*#k!!! There’s bikes EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Great beer and chips.

Then back to Dunkerque and after the short ferry crossing to Dover it was straight back to Glasgow. 

ZX getting thin on the ground here - quite a few C5's.

Twingo (all types), Clio (all types) survive well - quite a few Citroen AX - older Peugeots (2000 on) survive well. 

Old vans mostly gone - through quite a few older Transits about in 'cherished' condition and the odd old Trafic or Master.

Predominant  new vehicle is the Dacia.

• lesapandre changed the title to European Road Trips - Travels with Montaigne