Vauhall Signum?

Dobloseven

The Signum always seemed like such a weird punt for GM - I remember reading about it as a concept car around 1997, and also thinking it was an answer looking for a question.

P1070336.JPG

Then in 2003 up it popped, pretty much just like the original concept but now with more of a Vectra C style front end.

I like that they exist, but I don't think I really want one...

14 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

They seem to be an answer to a question no-one asked. They're basically a four seater on the longer Vectra estate wheelbase. 

I seem to remember TopGear magazine (or similar) said exactly the same thing when the Signum was launched. 

Anyway, £200? let us know how the collection goes. 

1 hour ago, Dobloseven said:

It won't be much of a thread, I can see it from my bedroom window if I lean out a bit! 

Excellent. You don't even need to leave the house.

Fold 10 £20 notes into paper aeroplanes. 

Throw them into his garden.

He can chuck the keys up to you.

30 minutes ago, Bren said:

The 2.2 is s steaming pile of turd.

Timing chain problems, HPFP that lasts as long as a creme egg in our house, spun bearings. An utter dud like the isuzu V6 diesel.

What are you waiting for?

It's a 2.2 petrol the OP reckons. Although they might be just as shit.

Gets OK reviews:

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/cars/reviews/vauxhall/signum/executive-2003/22-design-direct/33899/

5 hours ago, N Dentressangle said:

It's a 2.2 petrol the OP reckons. Although they might be just as shit.

Gets OK reviews:

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/cars/reviews/vauxhall/signum/executive-2003/22-design-direct/33899/

Blimey, that's quite lively. Back in the mid noughties, had an almost new Vectra estate, 1.8 petrol, bottom of the range in Doom blue as a credit hire car after a no fault accident and was quite taken with it. Looked into buying one. Would think a Signum would be very similar. Son in Wales seems interested as an upgrade from the Meriva he had off me last year. Told him it'd be like getting over the flu and then catching covid! 

11 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

Blimey, that's quite lively. Back in the mid noughties, had an almost new Vectra estate, 1.8 petrol, bottom of the range in Doom blue as a credit hire car after a no fault accident and was quite taken with it. Looked into buying one. Would think a Signum would be very similar. Son in Wales seems interested as an upgrade from the Meriva he had off me last year. Told him it'd be like getting over the flu and then catching covid! 

More like Thrush.

Covid's not embarrassing in social situations

In proper Autoshite style, I gave him the money, collected the keys, 2 none the less, filled in the V5 that had arrived today and tried to get away while he sat me down and told me how sad he was to see it go and everything he'd had done to it. I haven't even looked at it from closer than ten feet away. Will pop down tonight and pick it up from his dads drive. Pics to follow, if anyone is interested, which I think at least one person is. 

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

If you can't sleep tonight, at least you can go out for a drive to lull you.

This may be terrible, terrible advice.

If I'm driving a £200 car, I definitely won't be falling asleep! I shall be on high alert like Tony Martin with his loaded shotgun, waiting for something bad to happen.