Vauhall Signum?

Dobloseven

Chatting to a fellow on the next road, having noticed he's got a new car and his old ones parked on his parents drive on our road. Apparently he'd bought his new one from a car supermarket and they'd refused to take the Signum as he'd only got the old style registration document. He's owned it for 13 years and says he's never received an updated one. Anyway, car is sorned until new document arrives. 54 reg 2.2 direct petrol elegance or somesuch. 130k miles. Mot till Feb 2023 with some advisories. Tailgate doesn't open. ULEZ compliant. Needs E5 fuel. Have a guess how much he wants for it. 

Probably only a few hundred. The car supermarket would have told him "sorry it's not worth anything, we will just have to scrap it so we will give you £100 as a goodwill gesture" Therfore the guy will think he is getting much better if he asks 250 and gets 200.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Had one in the family in CDTi 150 flavour with most of the toys - it was a bit weird but very comfortable.

Can’t imagine a petrol one being worth much these days.

40 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

They seem to be an answer to a question no-one asked. They're basically a four seater on the longer Vectra estate wheelbase. 

Also Fiat Croma and Chevy Malibu Maxx. Nice practical spacious thing. Needs auto and V6 and the aeroplane-style gadgets and things to be remotely interesting through.

35 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

They seem to be an answer to a question no-one asked. They're basically a four seater on the longer Vectra estate wheelbase. 

I think. More of a guess. That you can retrofit vectra seats and central seat belt. I obviously could be wrong. 

Been thinking about this seat business. Back in the mid noughties was contemplating a new or nearly new Vectra estate, most probably diesel as pretty well everything was back then. Did have a quick look at the Signum and think they shared the Vectra sales brochure. I reckon the rear seats must be like the 1st gen Meriva where the small central seat can "disappear" when the two outer seats slide inwards and rearwards between the wheelarches,making a four seater with a lot of legroom. Also think there was a storage box armrest thingy for 4 seat mode, again like the Meriva. Haven't actually had a look at the car as such. Just thought I'd see what peoples thoughts were. He's owned it for as long as I can remember, he says 13 years, which sounds about right. 

On 4/10/2022 at 12:41 AM, RoverFolkUs said:

What's the purpose of the centre headrest if there's no middle seat, and it's classed as a 5 seater, am I missing something?

It's a 4 and a 1/2 seater really. Centre seat can be used by small, light person. If anyone wants a dead one, I have one outside.

I think of it as a slightly oversized Astra. It was comfortable, economic (2.2 diesel did 47mpg) and had lots of toys as it was top spec Executive or maybe Elite. Was at Shitefest 2017 (? Lincoln) in it.

He said he'd be happy with the £200 the supermarket were going to "give him". Just walked past it whilst taking the hounds for a walk. Didnt want to pry too much as his parents are quite elderly. Looks a tidy old thing that would clean up nicely.Whilst out, I saw him driving by in his "new" Vauxhall Somethingland SUV and he gave me a big wave.

15 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

He said he'd be happy with the £200 the supermarket were going to "give him". Just walked past it whilst taking the hounds for a walk. Didnt want to pry too much as his parents are quite elderly. Looks a tidy old thing that would clean up nicely.Whilst out, I saw him driving by in his "new" Vauxhall Somethingland SUV and he gave me a big wave.

Would scrap for double at least, some Vaux cats are quite valuable 

26 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

Seems like a bargain.

Some cars seem immune from the crazy rises in used prices we've seen lately - no-one wants the thirstier stuff for the sake of a few ££ in fuel. Does everyone apart from me do huge miles or something?