Recommend me a tiny, fast little car

chris667

3 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Seicento sporting ! Not fast as such but a riot to drive .

Like I said above. Feels fast. Much more important than actually going fast. On current personal experience, get something with shit brakes. That makes most situations feel like they're happening quick 🤣

20 hours ago, sporty-shite said:

Stop searching.  £1250to you.  225bhp, quattro. Leggy but well serviced.  Couple of intermittent but diagnosed faults, cured with £80 of parts. 

20220316_120228.jpg

Can also recommend many of the other suggestions on here, namely Clio 1*2, Puma, Kawasaki ZXR (mine was only a 400, and scared me shitless). 

Speaking of scary small cars  what happened to that 20v  turbo Lupo that someone was building?  That would fit the bill. 

I've been in this car, briefly, it's very nice.

If it’s flimsy that you’re after, I can confirm that a 106/Saxo would be a good choice - choose a 1.4 or 1.6 for speeeeeed, but even the 1.1 feels fairly perky. Rubbish brakes enhance the feeling of peril too! Our 1.5D is a proper slug but wind it up (and don’t go into 5th) on a country road and it’s ridiculously good fun. 

Alternatively a Panda 100hp must be a riot, the 1.1 I drove last week was great fun with about half the power. I’ve also had a run around in a 1.4  Rover 25/200 which was cracking fun and had an absolutely brilliant chassis. Our MOT man rates them too, he competes in one. 

3 hours ago, Matty said:

That is the best thing I have ever seen. Mrs667 would kill me if the car didn't. Probably worth it!

19 minutes ago, chris667 said:

Tell me more about Smart Cars? I am completely unaware of them, apart from a friend who had one of the Roadsters. I remember the engine shat itself quite early even though he bought it new.

I have just been searching for the Smart Spongester thread and I can't find it anywhere. Has it been deleted?

All I would say is that if you like complicated electrical faults and pulling the engine out regularly, then a Smart is the perfect vehicle. 

3 hours ago, grogee said:

I have just been searching for the Smart Spongester thread and I can't find it anywhere. Has it been deleted?

All I would say is that if you like complicated electrical faults and pulling the engine out regularly, then a Smart is the perfect vehicle. 

8 minutes ago, bigfella2 said:

All this talk of smart cars, what about this smart forfour brabus 1.5 turbo, fundamentally a colt czt in a party frock.

image.png.a2a2d76666418c05c8ebc9a4332b1155.png

How rare would one of those be?

Though in the same breath - Mercedes A210 Evo. SWB. Just don't drive near any elks and you'll be fine (they're actually pretty chuckable - what suffered was ride quality for fixing the 'idiotproofing' test).