Recommend me a tiny, fast little car

chris667

Hello

I am selling my current hobby vehicle and already looking for the replacement.

I fancy a car that is little, quick but doesn't look too boy racerish. I have to admit I really love my other half's new Puegeot 107. I like that size of car and it is very chuckable. It's just so sloooow. Reasonable parts availability - I am starting to run into that with my van.

Gawd knows what cars cost at the minute - anything up to 4k, let's say.

Any ideas, gang?

8 minutes ago, chris667 said:

Oooh, what's that?

Clio 182.  One of the last of the light flimsy over engined hot hatches, although newest ones are now 15 or so years old and weren't that well built when new. huge fun though especially with the Cup suspension.  I had mine, shown in the pic, in 2009ish. wouldn't mind another

Worth looking at any Daihatsu IMHO. I have the cream of the crop, a Sirion rally 2 but they are vanishingly rare and parts are *ahem* challenging. Not impossible, but not ECP website material either.

As a general rule they rev like mad, mine doesn't redline until 8000rpm and some of the 660cc Kei cars keep going through to 10,000rpm (!)

They are also - generally - mega light. My Sirion is apparently 790kg, some of the Kei cars are under 700kg so the modest BHP figures are actually far more important as a bhp/tonne metric.

Also Saxo VTS or 106 XSi (?)

Also also - @loserone's 205 1.4

ETA - and i've mentioned this before - but you can get a supercharger kit for the toyota 1KR-FE engine HERE which will turn it into a proper sleeper with a dogs trust sticker in the back window and a walking stick (securely mounted) on the parcel shelf.

14 minutes ago, Stanky said:

Worth looking at any Daihatsu IMHO. I have the cream of the crop, a Sirion rally 2 but they are vanishingly rare and parts are *ahem* challenging. Not impossible, but not ECP website material either.

As a general rule they rev like mad, mine doesn't redline until 8000rpm and some of the 660cc Kei cars keep going through to 10,000rpm (!)

They are also - generally - mega light. My Sirion is apparently 790kg, some of the Kei cars are under 700kg so the modest BHP figures are actually far more important as a bhp/tonne metric.

Also Saxo VTS or 106 XSi (?)

Also also - @loserone's 205 1.4

ETA - and i've mentioned this before - but you can get a supercharger kit for the toyota 1KR-FE engine HERE which will turn it into a proper sleeper with a dogs trust sticker in the back window and a walking stick (securely mounted) on the parcel shelf.

Those are exactly what I am thinking about. The supercharger is particularly interesting.

39 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Nothing is as tiny or as fast as a motorbike 

@chris667 on the basis of the advice of the honourable member above can I recommend the Kawasaki ZXR750. I might also have one available soon when it's back from the menders. More exciting and frightening than a fiesta at any rate

9 minutes ago, Matty said:

@chris667 on the basis of the advice of the honourable member above can I recommend the Kawasaki ZXR750. I might also have one available soon when it's back from the menders. More exciting and frightening than a fiesta at any rate

Talk to me about this bike! I’m looking for my first licence-loser