Eyerseyette Driving Shenanigans and assorted shite

Eyersey1234

On 4/7/2022 at 10:14 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

How much do they charge these days? I've heard noises from various people of it being about £45 an hour!

hugely late reply but i paid 30 quid and that was in the saaf east iirc

as for a car cant fault my mk2 clio, solid motor (albiet a bit rough)

7 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

What about a Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S?

image.jpeg.076fd03d24220e4cdb453d2af8421

My mate had one of these wee things, absolutely adored it. :)

I'll suggest it, depending if we can find one for the sort of money we are looking at spending, ideally under £1500. My old Fiesta was the Mk6.5 and it was a cracking car, nice to drive although I do prefer the driving characteristics of my old Focus and the one I have now

• 1 month later...

@Eyersey1234I would recommend a Seat Ibiza or other VAG equivalent, they are nippy, easy to work on/maintain, I am 18 and have a 2002 Seat Ibiza 1400 like below, except mine is red with a black spoiler, insurance £2500 with a black box although this particular shape is quite rare now and difficult to find

See the source image

See the source image

24 minutes ago, J W Pepper said:

@Eyersey1234insurance £2500 with a black box although this particular shape is quite rare now and difficult to find

Bloody Hell £2500, my oldest is 18, he's paying just under £1000  for a  175bhp Fiat 500 Abarth.

On 25/05/2022 at 19:38, DVee8 said:

20220410_085805.jpg

Everyone thinks girls who drive those are airheads, ergo any girl not wishing to be thought of as an airhead cannot be seen dead in one.  I quite like the look of the Fiat 500, but would never drive one for the same reason.  

My first car was a Nissan Bluebird, which probably shows my age.  I was a very odd sort of nervous driver as a teenager in that I was very conscious of other people and their aggression, but less concerned about my own spatial awareness.  I sought out a comparatively large car as a result, gaining a sense of security from the greater physical presence on the road.  It wasn't a bad idea as it turned out; it was much easier to go off somewhere with a few friends in a family sized car than a small hatchback.   

37 minutes ago, Missy Charm said:

Everyone thinks girls who drive those are airheads, ergo any girl not wishing to be thought of as an airhead cannot be seen dead in one.  I quite like the look of the Fiat 500, but would never drive one for the same reason.  

My first car was a Nissan Bluebird, which probably shows my age.  I was a very odd sort of nervous driver as a teenager in that I was very conscious of other people and their aggression, but less concerned about my own spatial awareness.  I sought out a comparatively large car as a result, gaining a sense of security from the greater physical presence on the road.  It wasn't a bad idea as it turned out; it was much easier to go off somewhere with a few friends in a family sized car than a small hatchback.   

At 22 I also owned a Nissan Bluebird, A  red G reg 4 door ZX turbo. A great car, my mates were buying XR3i's or RS turbos, I wanted something different.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Typically for VAG, it varies by engine code. 

They're Euro 4 so it was never mandatory. I think it was an option on the 70 + 80ps models. 

But no option on the 75ps models. 

Or something like that. 

Diesel Euro 4 was a changeover period for DPFs, so it's a bit pot luck (or rather not!) if it came fitted with one.

All Euro 5's have one because that's when it became mandatory. I'm not aware of any Euro 3 diesels with one. Which makes Euro 4 an in-between period where manufacturers were experimenting with them on certain ranges. 

I think Bluemotion 1 is DPF and Bluemotion 2 is non DPF or optional DPF but don't quote me on that! 

So yes, like AnnoyingPentium says, they're the last of the run you could get without them although there are a few exceptions that had them

19 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I think it was an option on the 70 + 80ps models. 

But no option on the 75ps models.

Again, pot luck, as you got all of these engines on Mk1 Fabias from 2003 to 2007(ish) without DPFs. IIRC the earlier engine was the 75ps, and later came in the 70 and 80ps models. I don't know what the deal is with the oloP tho.

• 2 months later...

Fred update for anyone who gives a fuck. She's still been on about a Polo, Corsa, Golf or Fiesta ST, so I ran a ST through an insurance comparison site to shut her up as "insurance won't be that much" 🤣 the cheapest quote was £7000, the most expensive £17000, they are basically saying fuck off you silly girl you've no chance of getting a ST 🤣

• 3 weeks later...