Ebay Tat Volume 2 - Sadly deceased.

trigger

Does anyone know if the Yugo is a factory convertible or done by a conversion company?

The convertibles for sale on the continent/USA are full convertibles without the roll bar like this one.

I seem to remember in my dark and dingy memory a full convertible was sold in the UK market.

Can anyone confirm this?

$(KGrHqRHJD!E9!ZW0LRUBPb1pZYm9g~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-ROVER ... 43ae7131a8

'HAS TAKEN ITS TOLL ON THE DASH BOARD. PICTURES ARE RUBBISH BECAUSE MY CAMERA WENT ON STRIKE DUE TO HAVING THE WRONG KIND OF TOILET ROLL IN THE PENSIONS OVERTIME DEPARTMENT'

Does anyone know if the Yugo is a factory convertible or done by a conversion company?

The convertibles for sale on the continent/USA are full convertibles without the roll bar like this one.

I seem to remember in my dark and dingy memory a full convertible was sold in the UK market.

Can anyone confirm this?

Hi Skip, welcome to the forum. I'm sure one of the Yugo loving nutjobs on here can answer your question

Feeling brave or stupid? Have shit loads of cash you need to launder and fancy investing it in something ironic now you've done 12 years in pentonville?

$(KGrHqV,!o8E8VlPl89IBPSp8DMon!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-ROVER-SD ... 2ebcad95ce

Sadly I think there's about as much chance of someone restoring that as Steven Hawkings mounted on Heather Mills winning the Grand National.

I should like this but I don't, the whole look is a bit weird for my high* standards. Those wing extensions just don't look right at all in my eyes.

$(KGrHqV,!qUE88fkJvPiBPb4WScB(g~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-VAUXHALL ... 3373c8bca8

Also, the wheels are dreadful in their own right (IMHO) - a bit like if Halfords started selling deep-dish split-rims.

Calling R9Luke:

$(KGrHqVHJF!E88evprYEBPb443k0Zw~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Vel-S ... 256ebd169e

'putting this up for sale for £1500 for a quick sale, as going on a lads golfing holiday on 9th April. It's in Prestatyn and there's no way this fucker's going to make it that far before it electronically grenades itself on the A55'

What a shite advert. One photo, virtually no description. Plus the heap is basically a bodykitted Viva (Droopsnoots were coupes and estates) with a frigging Cortina engine! And what sounds like 150ish brake worth of NOSS (sic). I'd avoid this like I avoid inserting marrows into my arse.

Win, win win

$(KGrHqJ,!noE9fq0Mon)BPbuVsd4+Q~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1975-KAWASAKI ... 4164175238

'Q: HI CAN I VEIW THE BIKE TOMORROW IF I BRING CASH WILL YOU HAVE A BUY IT NOW

A: hi your welcome to come and see the bike give me a ring on mobi .im working so it will have to be evening.i havnt put a buy it now or advertised elseware so cant really sell it outright .come and have a look anyway .thanks'

Tenner says he doesn't turn up now.

Re: Gamma Coupe - maybe I shouldn't be telling you this, but...

This listing has ended.

Sold for: £350.00

FFS.

That Samara rag-top is, erm, 'special'. I'd love to have a poke around that.

Stripped the interior out of mine today - the floor isn't as grotty as I expected. Winnah.

Win, win win

$(KGrHqJ,!noE9fq0Mon)BPbuVsd4+Q~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1975-KAWASAKI ... 4164175238

'Q: HI CAN I VEIW THE BIKE TOMORROW IF I BRING CASH WILL YOU HAVE A BUY IT NOW

A: hi your welcome to come and see the bike give me a ring on mobi .im working so it will have to be evening.i havnt put a buy it now or advertised elseware so cant really sell it outright .come and have a look anyway .thanks'

Tenner says he doesn't turn up now.

That's very pretty indeed.

Had an S reg KH250 in the early 80's before I was old enough to ride it on the road. Used to blast around in the evenings with all the baffles removed - what a bloody rebel I was :mrgreen:

The truly mental part was that I paid only £15 for it!!!

Made a huge profit on it when I sold it several months later for £50 :mrgreen:

If only I'd kept it.....

Funny you should mention that, was down the river yesterday with the missus and saw a tidy Superdream and a mint 350LC in Kenny Roberts colours. The missus reminded me of the fun we used to have on old bikes and thinking how well we'd done if I sold a KH for more than £150! if only I could go back in time and keep all the old shit i had.

When you think back on it, the prices we used to pick up "old" bikes for in the early 80's was ridiculous - particularly 250's after they changed the learner laws!

When I look at the condition of a lot of that cheap Chinese stuff it's not really any worse than the equivalent Japanese models of their time.

My FS1E had a completely rusted through rear mudguard at the grand old age of 6 years!

I'm sure it only cost me £70 to buy and I sourced a replacement mudguard for the princely sum of £2 quid down Leith way in Edinburgh.

I was going to mention some stuff about that KH, and the bikes of it's era, but I realized that it may read a bit like the four Yorkshiremen sketch (though, doubtless somewhat less entertaining!).

Spill the beans :mrgreen:

Owner: Hello Mr Paintshop man can you paint my Merecedes for me?

Bodyshop: Sure, what colour would you like it?

Owner: This colour - Pulls out jif lemon bottle.

Bodyshop: Are you sure you want it painted THAT colour

Owner: Yes, it'll look retro and Cool.

Bodyshop: Okay then.

Oh dear

$(KGrHqN,!n8E9eM1Zk3FBP,nGtMbvw~~60_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230765117491&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

However

Automatic Left Hand Drive, 5.7 V8 Chevy Petrol, Unfinished Project

To my shame I've added it to my watch list.

$(KGrHqN,!n8E9eM1Zk3FBP,nGtMbvw~~60_12.JPG

Automatic Left Hand Drive, 5.7 V8 Chevy Petrol, Unfinished Project

To my shame I've added it to my watch list.

Some of work required for MOT

Window Wash Bottle

2 Seat Belts in Rear

Engine Needs Tuned

At what point do you import that thing from America, put a V8 in it, spray it yellow, and then say "Fuck it. I can't be arsed doing three cheap jobs and registering it. I'm just gonna sell it as is. Punters'll be queueing all the way back to Dumbarton to take it off my hands for mucho dinero."? spYQv.gifspYQv.gifspYQv.gif

Crack pipe, as they say on Jalopnik.

Reading 'just need tuned' alone is enough to confirm the vendor is a f*cking moron. How can it 'just need tuned'? It either has just been tuned, or it just needs tuning.

Conclusion? Spanner rating 9/10, and that's just the seller.