BMC/BMH/BL Readers wives #End of year round up#

Matty

4 hours ago, Matty said:

Yeah I saw that and wondered if it was that you was going to mention! I really like it but £6k does feel like an awful lot for a fairly regular Mini - even if it's 70s and thus tax+MOT exempt.

I'd say if it was like £4k to 4.5k, I'd be after it. But if it was that, I'd probably say I wish it was £2.5k to 3k 🤣

4 hours ago, Matty said:

When you find them, get em stuck in here !

Easier than expected, as in they weren't where I thought they'd be so didn't waste an hour bungling round in the loft to no avail.  First two are from the day it arrived (I don't think I've been as excited about anything from that day to this) and the other two from a few days later once it was washed but before its collection of mechanical woes had taken the wind out of my sails. Don't buy them without driving them first, kids... Hard to believe that was nineteen years ago but there we are. 

IMG_20220401_144616.jpg

IMG_20220401_144631.jpg

IMG_20220401_144139.jpg

IMG_20220401_144158.jpg

12 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Don't have any pictures of my P6 and that isn't a Minx (and doesn't belong in this thread..) 

Oops sorry - even with beer goggles on I shouldn't have got a Farina mixed up with a P6! Am not very well up on Rootes stuff, so will bow to your greater knowledge.

30 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

Yes.  You will probably also need a different master cylinder if swapping drum to disc.  

It already has the conversion. However I've bought a set of wheels to fit an a40 and discovered that I have bent studs on one of my front hubs. Are the studs 3/8 UNF? This little bugger is fighting me bit by bit 😄

I've basically been sold the premise that an spridget is an A40 sports so tell me everything you know!! I'm most interested in how I can firm up the front end. I know I can fill the Armstrong dampers with diferant weights of oil, bit that ultimately that can lead to shearing mounts. I've got my eye on Frontlines telescopic conversion.  What d'ya reckon?

I had my eye on this. Started a few days ago and still had 3 days left with no bids starting at £3.5k. Unfortunately it has ended early, so I guess someone has gone in and bought it. 😔

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384810545484

Tbh it probably was for the best given a cheap Rolls is likely to attempt to bankrupt me!

1 hour ago, Matty said:

I've basically been sold the premise that an spridget is an A40 sports so tell me everything you know!! I'm most interested in how I can firm up the front end. I know I can fill the Armstrong dampers with diferant weights of oil, bit that ultimately that can lead to shearing mounts. I've got my eye on Frontlines telescopic conversion.  What d'ya reckon?

I don't know about Midgets/A40 but I know on the BGT the design of the Armstrong dampers is pretty compact. So most of conversion kits has to extend further up as they are longer rather than wider. Personally I quite like the neatness of the Armstrong damper design. 

2 hours ago, Matty said:

I like it but I do prefer the pre-68. Not that I can really afford either! Plus that sort of money would get a pretty nice Porsche Cayman...

I could post Minis in here all day but trying to limit it so I don't end up making this into SiCs Mini Spamming thread. 🤣

12 minutes ago, SiC said:

I had my eye on this. Started a few days ago and still had 3 days left with no bids starting at £3.5k. Unfortunately it has ended early, so I guess someone has gone in and bought it. 😔

spacer.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384810545484

Tbh it probably was for the best given a cheap Rolls is likely to attempt to bankrupt me!

That's a massive leap from dolly's, minors and minis. You genuinely interested in one?

13 minutes ago, Matty said:

That's a massive leap from dolly's, minors and minis. You genuinely interested in one?

I reckon they'd be great fun for wafting around in and a lovely machine. At 10-15mpg and expensive parts, it's not something that could be use too much mind! 

I hoped it would go for around 4k...

22 minutes ago, SiC said:

I reckon they'd be great fun for wafting around in and a lovely machine. At 10-15mpg and expensive parts, it's not something that could be use too much mind! 

I hoped it would go for around 4k...

Fit as fuck mind, I can see the appeal

17 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Saw this today. 

IMG_20220404_085419.thumb.jpg.44c17d267d2677fe3bd66fcd1479c044.jpg

Often you see Rovers upgraded* with MG wheels. Not often you see it the other way round. Going for the added comfort maybe. 

Always wanted a face-lift ZS with the KV6 in it. Such a sharp looking car but has to be a saloon. Can't get on with how the hatch looks, especially when the saloon exists.

14 minutes ago, Garythesnail said:

Mine at 120k miles, cat C write off a few years ago. One owner. Needs attacking with a sparkly stick. Perhaps a mistake to not re-fit the big spoiler (silly as it is).

20180226_080223_resized-1.thumb.jpg.755a70bb70dbc18ad249875ab493956d.jpg

Like I said. What a sharp looking car. Needs the spoiler though. Silly big spoilers are for winners

20220402_150534.thumb.jpg.688e8478d5feb555da4084d8a0cefb74.jpg

When I see how much minis are going for now I could cry. Sold a clubman estate for £50 25 years ago. [mind you I only paid £50 for it.] £150 to get it through an MoT then ran it for a year. What would it be worth now?

1 minute ago, 2flags said:

When I see how much minis are going for now I could cry. Sold a clubman estate for £50 25 years ago. [mind you I only paid £50 for it.] £150 to get it through an MoT then ran it for a year. What would it be worth now?

Depending as ever on condition you're looking around 3k to 15k. £8k to 10k gets a shiny one. Probably would have cost a lot more in running costs and storage to have kept it. 

It was still there today and work appears to be going on. 

IMG_20220405_091009.thumb.jpg.fd67472437d7309b173dc9d2d54510fd.jpg

Either that or it's being dismantled one wheelie bin at a time. It's a weird spot it's parked in. It's a closed down undertakers with two parking spaces out the front but the cars parked there keep changing but always seem a little down at heel. The corner of the other car you can see is Big Punto, 2006, that arrived with a broken headlight but has had it replaced. 

21 hours ago, 2flags said:

Round nose mini projects are currently running about £1500 to £2000 at the moment. A clubman estate might fetch more.

As a double mini owner I actually get upset seeing the prices going into the silly territory. As fun as they are I just don't think that those prices are justifiable.

Sill and outer arch now welded and ground back. 

PXL_20220411_230414028.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.2f244b5c730eea03f174a31e60bb220a.jpg

Not overly happy with how this weld line turned out. I was playing around with the welder on manual and I think I might have had it up a bit too high. It's solid but dipped in a fair bit. After filler is won't be visible but I'd have preferred it to be at least a tad more level! 

PXL_20220411_225945919.thumb.jpg.4bb0c11f58d96e3a6997017d32be56eb.jpg

Went to put the A4 away and while I was up on storage, I thought I'd have a check on shed where the Midget is stored as I hadn't seen it for a few months.

Anyway noticed this in the corner that has appeared recently. Glad I'm not the only nut job around 🤣

Tempted to leave a note on it...

PXL_20220412_094652306.jpg