Toyota Century

oldford

Martin Buckley writes in this months C+CS that his mate 'Jon' has imported a super obscure long wheelbase Century Limo from Japan. He also says this mate of his has previously beeen heavily into old BL shite, that Buckley himself could not get on with. The guy sounds from the description like the kind of escaped mental patient who might like this site. Anybody know him?

This is amazing! 1967 till recent and hand built! I thought it might have been just another 70s Jap but the engine shot above just looked too 'modern' - now I see why.Awesome thing - love the rear arm rest console thing.

Those seats are brilliant - even the current Chinese market Camry has them. It's the limo facility - kick the front seat passenger out at the train station, and then use his seat base as a lie-flat (well, from the waist down anyway!) business class jobbie. To be fair, the Crowns have reclining rear seat backs that allow a semi lie-flat position. Think Qatar airways as opposed to Club World. Just pity the poor driver who has those niffy nylon socked toes 3 feet away from his face.

There was actually another one on last week too if i'm not mistaken.

I presume that seat is for full-on reclining for back seat passengers, feet outstretched onto the front seat. like a lazy-boy chair or something.

edit: here it is, it's just in the 'other classics' section

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-TOYOTA-CENTURY-V8-LUXURY-AUTOMATIC-AIR-CON_W0QQitemZ300389702929QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item45f09f1d11

Posted Image