FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

2 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Quite amused that I managed to have a car there that was so absolutely unexcptional and ignorable that I don't think anyone took a photo of it.  Literally everyone was walking straight past it.

Does that mean I acheived the brief?

I mean what did you expect taking a 71 plate Maserati? 😉 

5 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Did anyone manage to get a decent pic of @Grey the Floydian Sergal's (formerly my) beige Alpine?  The one I took didn't come out very well.

I didn't, but there was a point at the end of the day when it was being lined-up with the Horizon and Solaras so somewhere there'll be a group shot. As to be imagined, it wasn't the quietest affair....

14 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Quite amused that I managed to have a car there that was so absolutely unexcptional and ignorable that I don't think anyone took a photo of it.  Literally everyone was walking straight past it.

Mine is much the same, nobody ever takes pics of it. I'm putting it down to there being a far better and near identical example in the concourse. Also possibly due to Rover R8s just not being a very interesting car even by FoTU standards, unless they're totally mint. Still, I like it do that's what matters. :D

What car were you in? 

1 minute ago, Spottedlaurel said:

I didn't, but there was a point at the end of the day when it was being lined-up with the Horizon and Solaras so somewhere there'll be a group shot. As to be imagined, it wasn't the quietest affair....

Rumour has it the tappet noises are still echoing around the castle grounds... 

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Ive seen the photos! I will give him a poke to upload them! 

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Smashed it fam, though the tank cannon you showed up with on your 5D was probably out of spec! 

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Quite amused that I managed to have a car there that was so absolutely unexcptional and ignorable that I don't think anyone took a photo of it. 

20220730_125421.thumb.jpg.9dbe6dda2e19ad4b884b75153b05f099.jpg

I had to wait for a gap in the crowd, but i managed to get a snap eventually. 

I forgot - again - to take a pic of my car at the event, though @Schaefft managed it - appreciated. 
I courageously borrowed* the ladder and no-one seemed to notice, or care. I did, however, manage to lose my jacket in Vanbrugh Hall. 

I think the sheer variation of guest cars was down to the ground staff rather than the organisers; how you train agency staff to appreciate the relative merits of old Vauxhalls, I've no idea. 

[The SVX broke down outside an EXTREMELY posh pub after I went for a post-FOTU drink with @Captain Slow; it was so full I had to park on a grass bank.  My mate and channel colleague JJ brought a more powerful booster pack before twatting the starter with a piece of JDM wood I use to prop the bonnet up with - they actually work if you give them a chance to lock. The looks of disgust from guests were obvious, and poorly disguised]. 

IMG_20220730_195429.jpg

IMG-20220730-WA0004.jpg

7 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

I had to wait for a gap in the crowd, but i managed to get a snap eventually. 

I trust you noted the extreme cleanliness of the car and a distinct lack of rubbish in the footwells.

um... hang on...

12 hours ago, Talbot said:

I trust you noted the extreme cleanliness of the car

I did. I deliberately didn't wash mine either, as it struck me in previous years that my memory of the cars present was not of them showroom fresh, but dirty and well-used. I think it just looked like I couldn't be arsed though!

But doesn't this Cortina look so 'right'?

FB_IMG_1482782472154.thumb.jpg.d9b50c9f82c65c95430a2425ec865764.jpg

4 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

I did. I deliberately didn't wash mine either, as it struck me in previous years that my memory of the cars present was not of them showroom fresh, but dirty and well-used. I think it just looked like I couldn't be arsed though!

I didn't wash mine either, although it looks deceptively shiny in photos. In fact I am yet to wash it in 8 months of ownership!

I was slightly embarrassed when someone wanted to see under the bonnet and were greeted by a small Saharan sand dune on top of the slam panel...

10 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

But doesn't this Cortina look so 'right'?

The Stellar looked just right to me, just as it was driven in. 

2022_0730_15263600.jpg

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

The Innocenti failed MOT on June 16th for 'headlamp aim too high. Again, on June 22nd, for 'headlamp aim too low'. 3rd time lucky on June 24, but a sudden appearance of the advisory 'corrosion to some body panels'!

Odd as I thought most places would PRS headlamp aim?