FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

1 hour ago, rml2345 said:

Hoping so as I've not got an physical ticket yet either. 

Given I'm leaving on Sunday and won't be home till after the show this could be an issue.

Also the fact I'll be turning up in a car that isn't the one I booked in...

59 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Given I'm leaving on Sunday and won't be home till after the show this could be an issue.

Also the fact I'll be turning up in a car that isn't the one I booked in...

there is no mention of the booked car on the ticket that comes through the post, its just a hanger for rear view mirror which says modern, classic and unexceptional or concoure

I haven't got one either, if I don't get it I'll probably just print my Eventbrite ticket and take that instead.

@captain_70s - you could probably do the same, if you log back in to Eventbrite you can change the car you're taking on your ticket.

I printed my Eventbrite ticket off as soon as it was paid for. It's got a QR code so should be fine. ( it's been in the glovebox since April )

@TheXUDfiles you should have booked the 306 auto in. Park in the shade . You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to. Mr Skelton will be there judging. Probably turn up fashionably late in some shonky old Citroen knowing Sam.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, catsinthewelder said:

@TheXUDfiles  I would have agreed with you until I went to my 1st in 2018.  I didn't like the sound of it so didn't go to the first couple.  Once I'd been you couldn't keep me away.

Yes there are polished cars but there's plenty of more honest looking chod in the classic parking which is well worth going to see on its own.  The atmosphere is wonderful despite the terrible music and occasional silly costumes.  

There's a lot to see, some of it really rare.  The people are far nicer than the usual classic and sports car crowd and best of all there's Autoshitters all over the place to wander round with.

I'm glad to read there is some more honest chod in the parking area.....I'm going for the first time this year  in my 26 year old honest survivor, lived the life of a unexceptional car,  Frontera......I was thinking before this post perhaps it was a little too tatty for the parking area....good to know

Update for anyone coming. 

Main points. We're going in a different way than last year, and crossing the estate, seems like a one way system now. 

Here's the entrance for Google maps 

https://what3words.com/residual.gurgled.everybody

Don't worry if you don't get the rear view mirror hanging ticket, they'll hand them out on the day, bring your Eventbrite ticket with the QR code. 

I think that's it. Attached the PDF sent in the email for reference... 

FOTU-classic-or-unexceptional-Welcome-email (1).pdf

7 hours ago, Hogie said:

I'm glad to read there is some more honest chod in the parking area.....I'm going for the first time this year  in my 26 year old honest survivor, lived the life of a unexceptional car,  Frontera......I was thinking before this post perhaps it was a little too tatty for the parking area....good to know

It's alright, lots of tatty stuff about as well as the shiny ones. I'll be taking a Rover 200 with no lacquer on its roof, if that's any comfort!

@Soundwave

Maybe update the title, preparation, maybe, I don't know...

I'm bringing my Audi 100, if anyone wants to come over and say hello, feel free 👍

20220614_182228.thumb.jpg.3d7418cd9084e5f7963c2cf7df4b63b1.jpg

I knew loads of different people were coming last year but didn't know what or who they'd be, still don't know many on here but it'd be nice to put faces to avatars/cars 😁

41 minutes ago, Soundwave said:

It's alright, lots of tatty stuff about as well as the shiny ones. I'll be taking a Rover 200 with no lacquer on its roof, if that's any comfort!

Thanks...I do feel better for knowing this.....she'll fit right in!

• Soundwave changed the title to FoTU 2022 - this Saturday!

Laurel had an oil change and checkover at the garage a week or so ago, used it today to check all is in order for Saturday and it went as well as ever (actually felt slightly better than before it went in).  Email instructions received and my passengers have been given advance warning of an early start on Saturday, lured with the promise of breakfast en-route.

A shame we didn't get the Avensis SR booked-in, it's certainly an exceptional unexceptional car. Maybe next year....