FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

Damnit, I've just realised I'll be in the US when this is going on. I was looking forward to it as well😅 I don't think I can easily transfer my ticket if at all. Getting a refund looks like a hassle over a £20.00 ticket.

56 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Damnit, I've just realised I'll be in the US when this is going on. I was looking forward to it as well😅 I don't think I can easily transfer my ticket if at all. Getting a refund looks like a hassle over a £20.00 ticket.

I bet you could chuck it at someone else and they'd never notice. For example, I've booked in with the P6's reg number, but may end up taking the Series up if the P6 is in bits. The ticket is paid for, surely nobody on the gate is going to pick a fight over what car that ticket arrives in so long as it's the correct age for moddun/classik parking.

3 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I bet you could chuck it at someone else and they'd never notice. For example, I've booked in with the P6's reg number, but may end up taking the Series up if the P6 is in bits. The ticket is paid for, surely nobody on the gate is going to pick a fight over what car that ticket arrives in so long as it's the correct age for moddun/classik parking.

That's true. I may as well give it a whirl. Hopefully they don't up the ticket scrutiny all that much.

Anybody want a ticket?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Looks like the 97 limit is just for the concourse right? 

If I rock up in a 99' 528i SE with a baby shit brown dashboard do you reckon that might be to modern/premium to get into the classic/unexceptional parking?

I'm not sure how it works but they gave me show tickets for my V reg CRV last year

If anyone wants a classic/shite parking ticket for nowt, let me know.

I don't think I can be bothered with it this year and I don't want to risk getting home too late (or not at all) for work the following day as it's the start if the most important 2 weeks of the year. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, N19 said:

Oh well, what's the worst that could happen

Moany sods on FB gatekeeping what they think is "Unexceptional". Got that last year in my Audi despite everyone who came to speak to me being all very interested and kind.

It had velour seats and hubcaps. It was a nice car back in the day albeit one that was a bit "dull", certainly not a Turbo Quattro with all the toys. 

Ignore the gatekeepers, as long as you don't turn up in a 911, I think you'll have a ball. 

I'm sorry, I hate the festival. A few people on and off this forum have asked if I'm brining anything and I won't be. I'm sure you'll all be devastated.

This used to be an under-the-radar, ego-free hobby, and this has turned it into (or is attempting to) another shiny bonnet fest while people play soggy biscuit with a Citroen ZX or something. 

Right, that's everyone's evening, ruined - I'm off to bed.

@TheXUDfiles  I would have agreed with you until I went to my 1st in 2018.  I didn't like the sound of it so didn't go to the first couple.  Once I'd been you couldn't keep me away.

Yes there are polished cars but there's plenty of more honest looking chod in the classic parking which is well worth going to see on its own.  The atmosphere is wonderful despite the terrible music and occasional silly costumes.  

There's a lot to see, some of it really rare.  The people are far nicer than the usual classic and sports car crowd and best of all there's Autoshitters all over the place to wander round with.