FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

non classic/unexceptional tickets sold out already

Would get in quick if you still not got your classic/unexceptional tickets as I'm guessing they won't be far behind

Thanks for the reminder - nearly forgot to buy mine! Phew, that could have been annoying. 

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

Would get in quick if you still not got your classic/unexceptional tickets as I'm guessing they won't be far behind

Just now, Soundwave said:

Thanks for the reminder - nearly forgot to buy mine! Phew, that could have been annoying. 

Yes got mine there too. Thanks @wesacosaI'd forgotten to buy some. 

On 4/12/2022 at 9:27 AM, BorniteIdentity said:

Still not a bad walk tbh.  One road straight up to the railway station and back again - probably a 10 minute stroll.  Other than the Great Northern you won't get any nearer to the train station.

Peterborough gets a bad rep (in SOME ways unfairly) - there are some great bars.  Charters is very near to that hotel and is a real ale bar on a boat  and then there's the Brewery Tap right opposite the railway station which brews and does fantastic food too.

I'm sad not to be able to make it this year but we're in Cornwall.  A real shame.

Damn, was hoping to see the Sierra in the metal this year.   Hopefully @rob88h might make it in the DERV one 

I've picked up a ticket - Grimsthorpe is annoyingly far especially for a day trip (and especially when previous year's events were in Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire) but I know I'll regret it if I don't buy one. I'm assuming I can always resell it if I change my mind, and would hopefully make someone's day doing so.

Booked in with the P6. That means I have from the last weekend in May, to the 29th of July to do the work it needs. Challenge accepted*.

If not I'll bring the Series 3 up, because Surrey to Linconshire on the M25 and A1 is obviously a journey that'll suit it.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:04 AM, wesacosa said:

Anyone know what the definitions of modern or unexceptional is?

Is 2001 SLK Modern or unexceptional? What about 2003 Citroen C3?

15 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Anyone know what the definitions of modern or unexceptional is?

Is 2001 SLK Modern or unexceptional? What about 2003 Citroen C3?

From what I can tell, to be classed as 'modern', the car has to be made from 1997 to present day. 

Hmm, for a loner like myself who would have nobody interested in the event enough to go with, £20 is rather pricey for one person. Couple that with the 400 mile round trip I'm 'oot sadly, which is a shame because it looks pretty good and never been before for the same above reasons

There's always next year, maybe a shite-friendly friend will appear who would want to go with me! Now there's wishful thinking ;)

7 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Hmm, for a loner like myself who would have nobody interested in the event enough to go with, £20 is rather pricey for one person. Couple that with the 400 mile round trip I'm 'oot sadly, which is a shame because it looks pretty good and never been before for the same above reasons

There's always next year, maybe a shite-friendly friend will appear who would want to go with me! Now there's wishful thinking ;)

I'll probably have a car full of kids but there will probably be someone driving from near you if you say where that is.

This is genuinely one of the most interesting car shows to me. I'm totally left cold by most classics but the thought of seeing some shiny old chod is very appealing. 

However...

Because they've organised Mike Brewer to come and talk cockney bollocks and be the 'star attraction', I refuse to go. I won't be associated with anything that pays that whey-faced chancer any money or publicity. 

A real shame as I was looking forward to it. 

That's me got my rest day swap confirmed with one of the other drivers so my time off for FoTU is now guaranteed.

I am already booked in to the Premier Inn Peebo City Centre as is @blackboilersuit . We're aiming to be there on Thursday night so we can get a train to London on Friday for a wee day out. Still waiting on @320touringand @jaypee booking somewhere. @captain_70shas expressed interest in going as has @cms206, @Supernaut and maybe @rml2345for a full on Scotoshite contingent but they are all at the mercy of shifts / hotel bookings / working transport.

11 hours ago, davidfowler2000 said:

That's me got my rest day swap confirmed with one of the other drivers so my time off for FoTU is now guaranteed.

I am already booked in to the Premier Inn Peebo City Centre as is @blackboilersuit . We're aiming to be there on Thursday night so we can get a train to London on Friday for a wee day out. Still waiting on @320touringand @jaypee booking somewhere. @captain_70shas expressed interest in going as has @cms206, @Supernaut and maybe @rml2345for a full on Scotoshite contingent but they are all at the mercy of shifts / hotel bookings / working transport.

I'm not going to bother.

My car doesn't qualify (one year too new) and all the modernz tickets have sold out already.

I also can't really be arsed. I'll be going to Shitefest in Wales a couple of weeks before this. At the time of FoTU I'll likely be in Aberdeenshire instead. There are several birthdays in my circles that all fall at the end of July.

9 hours ago, Supernaut said:

I'm not going to bother.

My car doesn't qualify (one year too new) and all the modernz tickets have sold out already.

I think the 1997 is more of a guideline than hard rule, and is aimed more at the concourse entry

The other tickets are for classic and unexceptional vehicles so depending on the car a 1998 may be suitable