FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, eifion said:

Am I being dumb or is it now £20 if you're entering a non-concours exhibit? It was free in previous years, wasn't it?

it's£20 per car this year.  last year was £5 per person, but there were a number of free tickets available to first people who booked but that may have been some kind of good will gesture after 2020 was cancelled

I dunno, £20 a car seems fairly steep for what the event is. I'm unlikely to go anyway with everything going on but if the £20 does result in a better event then I suppose it'll be all the better for it.

But from a hazy memory I have of events at Chomodeley* I don't think they charge the earth to host events there.

*It is I who does the proofredding @Fumbler

3 hours ago, Fumbler said:

I've decided to go again. It was a fun day out. I think this time I'll try and stay as close to the A1 as possible, mind.

I'm looking at the Premier Inn Peebo City Centre because it's about half the price of the Grantham one we used last year and it's within sight of the train station for another wee day trip to That There London.

1 minute ago, davidfowler2000 said:

I'm looking at the Premier Inn Peebo City Centre because it's about half the price of the Grantham one we used last year and it's within sight of the train station for another wee day trip to That There London.

Sounds like much better value. It looks like it's got better access than I originally thought, too.

28 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Also Google maps has the wrong location. It's actually on Rivergate next to the Asda

Yeah, that took me a while to figure out that it was wrong! The access still doesn't seem so bad, though. 

38 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

I don’t have anything to take bar the nato green rollered Transit. Can’t see it being allowed in. 

Need to win a Roffle now. 

It's the same price to attend in a modern as an unexceptional car which is slightly annoying but the way the world works I suppose.

It would be worth £20 not to have last year's traffic jam.

Just now, wuvvum said:

That's not something that is often said about Peterborough...

Heh, considering we steer clear of it whenever travelling in that area, I should have worded my comment a bit better!

On 4/10/2022 at 5:59 PM, davidfowler2000 said:

Also Google maps has the wrong location. It's actually on Rivergate next to the Asda

Still not a bad walk tbh.  One road straight up to the railway station and back again - probably a 10 minute stroll.  Other than the Great Northern you won't get any nearer to the train station.

Peterborough gets a bad rep (in SOME ways unfairly) - there are some great bars.  Charters is very near to that hotel and is a real ale bar on a boat  and then there's the Brewery Tap right opposite the railway station which brews and does fantastic food too.

I'm sad not to be able to make it this year but we're in Cornwall.  A real shame.

23 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Enjoyed this last year and keen to go again but the adenoidal “well that’s not unexceptional” chat that it brings utterly gets on my tits. 

Also have nothing to bring but that’s easily solved :D 

I experienced the adenoids last year. It was funny.