Best phrases in car adverts

RoverFolkUs

1 hour ago, motorpunk said:

No. The worst phrase in car adverts is “£100 admin fee applies”, usually buried in the text. It could be a mint Ferrari Dino in positano yellow up for a tenner but if it’s got that phrase in the text they can fuck off.

Exactly. So you want to charge me to take my money? Get in the fucking sea. Just make the car £100 more expensive

2 hours ago, motorpunk said:

No. The worst phrase in car adverts is “£100 admin fee applies”, usually buried in the text. It could be a mint Ferrari Dino in positano yellow up for a tenner but if it’s got that phrase in the text they can fuck off.

Pretty much standard these days with dealers because we’re mugs when buying cars. Same with £200 for number plates that cost £15 elsewhere. On top of that “a donation” £30 to their charity of choice. No leave the charity to Oxfam etc..

Also “no haggling “ as if that’s good for the buyer, no they are the only ones who benefit.  
“Price matched”, yeh with the rest of your dealer chain.

7 minutes ago, MisterH said:

The Rover 75 I posted in the tat thread yesterday "will need a brake light bulb to pass the MOT" 🤦

22 minutes ago, Sham said:

Let's face it, No one is gullible enough to accept that there's a good reason for buying a 2005 Astra.

Let’s face it they’ve believed he’s been ‘night fishing’ on a Saturday night for the last 4 years and definitely not dogging in a truck stop just outside Scunthorpe. 🤣

On 3/12/2022 at 1:46 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

Yep, fixed the symptoms and not the cause! Once I saw a car for sale that had failed it's MOT on the airbag light being on. Next retest, an advisory was noted for "supplementary restraint system warning light does not illuminate" - no mystery over what went on there 😅

I've never understood this, what is it about a doctor owner that suddenly makes a car an absolute gem!? I've seen "1 civil servant owner from new" before as well, what difference does that make!?

Only one GP I have worked with was a car enthusiast and really looked after his vehicles - for all the rest, (especially Dr W) they were white appliances to be used till they went "pop" and then replaced with another one. I can still see the state of his C3 now. It was like a petri dish inside.

14 hours ago, skoda_fan said:

I nominate all the tired and meaningless cliches that have crept in from classic* car publication speak, eg "starter classic", "iteration", "in period",  "a hoot to drive"....and of course everyone's favourite old chestnut "barn find".

This. And car sales places who try and talk up their humdrum profession by attempting to add an air of sophistication by using the archaic term "horseless carriages".