Secret shiters in your area

Dave_Q

On 3/11/2022 at 10:48 PM, Schaefft said:

[Banbury Massive Astra Palace]

None of these have moved even an inch. What is the point?

He will have ALL the Mk2 Astra spare parts in Banbury and it’s environs, so he will be able to ‘name his price’ for anything the local Mk2 Astra owner wants.

The flaw in this cunning business plan lies in the fact that no one else in Oxfordshire or Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire still owns a Mk2 Astra, because he purchased them all for his stock 😜.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2022 at 6:57 PM, busmansholiday said:

This lives in Scarborough, not far from Mrs BMH'S cousin. It definitely moves.

2003624929_Screenshot_20220310-1855032.thumb.png.e97912e99051b767d4c91826ba6e360f.png

I love seeing this thing.  I just worry about a sixties Vauxhall living a mile from the sea.  My old Vectra estate spent the majority of it's life in Scarbados and JMotor can tell you how well that went.

There's a house near me with an H reg Fiat Croma, W reg 131 Mirafiori and an E reg Bluebird diesel joining forces with nature on the front garden.  The 131 has been there for literally 30 years.  The guy is somewhat eccentric and can appear in the doorway like Jesse from the Fast Show so it can be hard to get a pic, but I'll try as I'm passing today.  He doesn't encourage an approach.  I know he's an ex-Fiat mechanic as I once met someone who'd worked with him and he kept to himself even then, and my mate's girlfriend is related to him but has never actually spoken to him despite growing up two miles away,  which kinda says a lot. 

There are hoarders, collectors who have become too old or ill and those who think they have a pension fund. They all put a burden on those that take over the property.

There is an Audi near me that looked abandoned on the street until a week ago when suddenly it was washed and being used again. Perhaps the owner had been working overseas or detained at her Maj's pleasure.

Just along the road from that house there is another with the front garden full of those Rovers? in dark green with the bright orange air intake at the front.

On a walk around the residential streets I noticed that there were several driveways with various types of Volvo stagnating. They seem to be some sort of trendy garden feature because the houses and gardens are well cared for.

Many  years ago there was a story about an apparently abandoned Chapron decapotable Citroen DS on the streets of that there London. A guy not wishing to see such a valuable classic swept up by the council removed it to safe storage and notified the police as to his action. It eventually turned out it belonged to the comedian Peter Cook who was working in the US.

Also many years ago when I worked in London I used to walk by one of those Fiat 500 beach cars abandoned in a road that had a street market. The market traders were of course using it as a skip. I can only assume that it was used by someone who needed to get back to the UK from the Med the cheapest way they could and then had no further use for it and found it unsellable in the UK. Does anyone else remember it or have any further information?

12 hours ago, DSdriver said:

There are hoarders, collectors who have become too old or ill and those who think they have a pension fund. They all put a burden on those that take over the property.

There is an Audi near me that looked abandoned on the street until a week ago when suddenly it was washed and being used again. Perhaps the owner had been working overseas or detained at her Maj's pleasure.

Just along the road from that house there is another with the front garden full of those Rovers? in dark green with the bright orange air intake at the front.

On a walk around the residential streets I noticed that there were several driveways with various types of Volvo stagnating. They seem to be some sort of trendy garden feature because the houses and gardens are well cared for.

Many  years ago there was a story about an apparently abandoned Chapron decapotable Citroen DS on the streets of that there London. A guy not wishing to see such a valuable classic swept up by the council removed it to safe storage and notified the police as to his action. It eventually turned out it belonged to the comedian Peter Cook who was working in the US.

Also many years ago when I worked in London I used to walk by one of those Fiat 500 beach cars abandoned in a road that had a street market. The market traders were of course using it as a skip. I can only assume that it was used by someone who needed to get back to the UK from the Med the cheapest way they could and then had no further use for it and found it unsellable in the UK. Does anyone else remember it or have any further information?

Chopped DS story rings a bell, sorry nothing to add tho.

Don't know if this counts but as I walk the baby around the block now I get to spend more time looking around where I live.

There's a chap rocking a Vauxhall Disastra estate, 1999 version (I care not for Vauxhalls) - but the damn thing is blocking the view of a lovely Rover SD1 in red and a Bedford Comma(?) van. Beautiful they are.

Near him, and I swear they are on here and if you are - hello - but there's an old boy who drives an old orange Vulva 240 estate with frilly doors which lives on the road. Why? Because they have a pristine Renault 5 parked up on the driveway. The Renault, while pristine, I don't think has moved in a while. A few doors down from this bloke there's a Ford Bronco on the driveway which I think is being used to store parts. 

I do often walk past the Bronco and think about putting a bit of paper in the door and asking if it's available. Then I see my little sleep terrorist asleep in the pram in front of me, and realise my wife would divorce me and it'd render me a McDonald's dad. So the Bronco is safe... for now.

4 hours ago, J W Pepper said:

About an hour from me, near to Glasson Dock if anyone knows it, for people who don't it is in Lancashire

image.thumb.png.04ae4630abaa3c7a3bb87e9cf81315ca.png

image.thumb.png.b70b379414ab8c4aafc93de6e10841c8.png

image.thumb.png.66e7bbc6c329fcd6350539661c2937db.png

image.thumb.png.b4eed05c20e40a4df6b8d290c754de11.png

There's a bit like this near Dumfries too, along the A75.

In other news, I had to try and visit the fella with the Astra as two of his lambs were loose due to a hole in the fence. Turns out I can confirm he's got an auld Bedford, a Transit tipper from the 90s, and a newer transit. The Astra looks okay, albeit a little rusty in the common places. Also sitting was this absolute gem of an Isuzu. :)

20220511_115325.thumb.jpg.95602e4867b5d6870be3c90d6bc6bc7c.jpg

6 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

There's a bit like this near Dumfries too, along the A75.

In other news, I had to try and visit the fella with the Astra as two of his lambs were loose due to a hole in the fence. Turns out I can confirm he's got an auld Bedford, a Transit tipper from the 90s, and a newer transit. The Astra looks okay, albeit a little rusty in the common places. Also sitting was this absolute gem of an Isuzu. :)

20220511_115325.thumb.jpg.95602e4867b5d6870be3c90d6bc6bc7c.jpg

I’ve seen that A75 one, there’s also one on the A 712 Crocketford to New Galloway

2 minutes ago, keith777 said:

I’ve seen that A75 one, there’s also one on the A 712 Crocketford to New Galloway

I don't think I've seen the A712 one actually! I've only ever travelled along that road once or twice. Usually go via the A76 since I have a mate in Muirkirk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...