Dyslexic Viking's vehicle fleet.

Dyslexic Viking

Should probably give an update here. And sorry for this being long.

Got the Vivaro started it was just grumpy after sitting with a flat battery for a while. And it went into winter storage at the end of October and will be parked until April sometime.

I also started the camper conversion on this one this summer, but this was not successful. I'm not looking for something perfect but it has to look good enough and this didn't turn out well. So the plan is for next year to rip everything out and start over. That is why there have been no updates from that project.

The Audi was sold in September to pay for the purchase of the Mercedes.

The little Zetor 2511 tractor. I changed the lift pump on it this autumn and together with the local agricultural mechanic we fixed the 3 point as well. Dad put this to work at the beginning of November to run the machinery and he writes down the hours every day and has passed 50 hours running time now and it works perfectly except for some problems at low revs possibly due to the engine governor being run dry by early owner, It also struggles to operate the machinery at the same low rpm as the previous tractor due to its low engine power, so the rpm must be higher than desired, which results in a higher noise level and fuel consumption. So if everything goes according to plan, the Zetor 4712 will be used instead after this winter and this 2511 will be used as back up.

A few more things to mention on this Zetor 2511. 

The electric engine heater I installed this spring is broken, we were sold the wrong part, so the engine has to start without preheating, which can cause problems, but not on this one, it starts even if it's minus 18 so this is great and impressive. It does not have glow plugs.

The engine oil on this was shiny and not black for almost 40 hours of use. This is almost unheard of on an old diesel, I think the large and overkill oil filters together with modern oil are the reason for this.

And finally. My Hyundai i10 this continues to do i10 things ie is problem free and economical. It's fantastic to have a car like this in the fleet and be able to focus time and money on the other cars and have a car that just works and that I don't worry about. Let's just hope mice don't eat any wires this winter like last winter. And after all the problems I had after buying the Mercedes, I took the train home and when I got into this one and was going to drive home from the train station very tired and exhausted, it was a wonderful feeling to know that this car will definitely start and bring me the 40 km home without any problems. Having a car like that is priceless.

So that's all for now and will probably be quiet here for a while.

• 1 month later...

The Vivaro has stood since October without being started and since it was only below 5 today it was time to start it.

It has been down to 20 below for longer periods in recent months, so I didn't have high hopes for an easy start but to my surprise the battery had power and it started instantly as it was parked yesterday. This is impressive. Then I let the engine run for a while so it warmed up and the battery got charged.

20230126_112820.thumb.jpg.682d5184f3c845b43e556a0d050376cf.jpg

• 2 months later...

The Vivaro has now come out of hibernation and will be back on the road soon.

20230417_110937.thumb.jpg.5867e2818ddcd144c157219e889f7b4b.jpg

There will be some thoughts about what I should do with the camper interior. What I've built isn't nice and I kind of want to rip it out and start over, but it's a lot of work and cost so will see.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the Vivaro out for its first drive this year and everything still works perfectly. Haven't driven it in 6 months and was reminded how nice and good these are to drive, these really are great vans.

20230426_124603.thumb.jpg.e1dae6a857c0b8142ded3aa1a71de48b.jpg

And when it comes to the camper interior, I think I just have to keep what I've made, even if it's terrible and looks like I built it drunk and blindfolded. The reason for that is to keep costs down as this is a high mileage 19 year old van and I don't think I'm capable of building anything better either.

So I dare for the first time to post some pictures of what I built last summer and yes I spent a long time on this, and it's not quite finished yet as you can probably see. And this should either give someone a laugh or make someone cry or both.

20230426_124632.thumb.jpg.f5f002d19225f9b953cb5952eec0acb9.jpg

20230426_124643.thumb.jpg.dc0e4bc0502dd646bfd3135a9e7855b5.jpg

20230426_124725.thumb.jpg.7c754ba6edcb35ef9a8b63870f712ae1.jpg

But if I'm honest, the want for tearing this out and starting over is big.