Dyslexic Viking's vehicle fleet.

Dyslexic Viking

3 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Here is a small selection of bad repairs. The exhaust system was probably made by a blind person after he drank a pub dry.

That must have been a very, very rich person to be able to drink a pub dry in your country !!!

9 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Not Ironic at all. Who has a shed for the bins? I have to walk 500metres to put my waste in a communal bin. It is is emptied once every two weeks and we do not have any recycling bins.

Several have it here. Because having to dig bins out in a 1 meter of snow is not fun. It also makes the bin lorry drivers job easier.

• Dyslexic Viking changed the title to Dyslexic Viking's vehicle fleet.

The old man called last night and told me something would be delivered here today. What turned up is perhaps not surprising.

20220729_100935.thumb.jpg.984c21f3ea242a5bd4cf24a4f83b33b8.jpg

So we have 3 Zetor tractors now. This is a 4712 so 3 syl and is larger and heavier built than the 2  2511 that we currently have.

20220729_104305.thumb.jpg.426be3d9cbb5b5939121f839e229e3be.jpg

20220729_104300.thumb.jpg.8c8a9145187205c228e5bf66380622db.jpg

20220729_104628.thumb.jpg.afa2f72d1de1cce1992f1c38ca5c0aa3.jpg

So with the 3 Zetor tractors there are 5 tractors here now. Something I really like but probably don't need more tractors now.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Dads first new tractor was a 7745 Turbo in 1990 , never saw him as proud , took him 6 years work to get it , before the a 76 David Brown 996 took all the farm work 

Thanks for sharing, i like stories like this. Can I ask is the farm still in the family? And how long did the Zetor stay on the farm?

My parents are still on the farm but there retired now , they've got 9 Shetland ponies , some sheep and a jack Russell , sorry the 1990 tractor  was the 7245 , the 1995 a 7745 , they also bought a 7211 2wd with loader  in 06 ,the 7211 was bought by a Czech fella in 2012 and was trucked back there ....but turned up in a 100 k rig so must be profitable , the 7745 is still in the shed , had a engine rebuild 6 years ago , it's retired like my dad now apart from the odd bit of grass topping 

Looked more at the last Zetor tractor today (4712) this was bought unseen from the other side of the country. Knew that there would be a small diesel leak which according to the seller should be the water separator, but it is clearly the injector on cyl no 3 that is leaking diesel and the cyl 2 injector have black death? so this needs at least 2 new injectors. But fortunately these are not that expensive, so will probably replace all 3. This may also explain why it is difficult to start after it has been standing for a while.

Syl 2 injector below.

20220801_104618.thumb.jpg.422caf96bbe5eb8fa6fb0463b9b598f8.jpg

I can also give a small car fleet update.

Hyundai nothing to report is still the perfect daily/main car.

Vivaro has started with camper construction but is struggling quite a bit and is a bit overwhelmed as this was more difficult than I thought. And therefore there have been no pictures or posts about this, and there probably won't be any soon. As everything I do ends up looking like shit.

Audi I don't know what to do with this one. I have not bonded to it and it annoyes me. I have also realized from this one that carburetors are not for me and point ignition as well. I have also realized that there are almost no mechanics anymore who know anything about this so I am completely alone with no help. So this is sad as I won't be owning any more cars with carburetor engines and since I love old cars this has put me down a bit lately. So the future of Audi I am not sure.

27 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I can also give a small car fleet update.

Hyundai nothing to report is still the perfect daily/main car.

Vivaro has started with camper construction but is struggling quite a bit and is a bit overwhelmed as this was more difficult than I thought. And therefore there have been no pictures or posts about this, and there probably won't be any soon. As everything I do ends up looking like shit.

Audi I don't know what to do with this one. I have not bonded to it and it annoyes me. I have also realized from this one that carburetors are not for me and point ignition as well. I have also realized that there are almost no mechanics anymore who know anything about this so I am completely alone with no help. So this is sad as I won't be owning any more cars with carburetor engines and since I love old cars this has put me down a bit lately. So the future of Audi I am not sure.

Carbs and point ignition systems are far easier and simpler than computers and fuel injection. They take a bit of getting used to if you're young but are the sort of old school technology you can adjust with a screwdriver and a big hammer.

I know, but I'm struggling with this even though several people think it's easy. I really struggle to explain this but my head can't handle complicated things or things that have to be precise. With fuel injection it is at least possible to easily get help. But my favorite engines are old mechanical diesel engines like the tractors I work on. And i have owned several cars with carburetors but I've been lucky and never had to work on one until now.

5 minutes ago, junkyarddog said:

Put a 1.6 or 1.9 diesel in the Audi,or get a diesel one.

I would love to have a diesel engine in this it would be a great upgrade. But is it possible for a ape with half a brain I don't think so. And getting it approved by the Norwegian authorities is something that will probably be a challenge.

And finding a similar Audi 80 with a diesel engine is difficult. It would be easier to find a Golf 2 diesel or a late one with fuel injection. I like these although it seems like most here don't.

If you have the space to store the Audi without it deteriorating put it aside for a while. Sometimes it's good to have a break from a project if it's getting you down and then you can come back to it refreshed.

I can't say I'm an expert on carbs but plenty on here are and would no doubt offer help and advice.

I had problems with the carb on my BX. In the end I managed to track a new old stock one down via a Facebook owners group. If you're leaving the Audi until spring maybe you could try a similar approach and track down a replacement carb in the meantime?  Good luck with it whatever you decide to do. 👍

23 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

I would like to hear the put-put of a three cylinder tractor engine if you could film it. 

We are now trying to run the engine in the 3 cyl 4712 as little as possible until the injectors have been changed. But here are some from 3syl Zetor on youtube until it is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to move the Vivaro today to make room for the Mercedes and it refuses to start. It has been standing for 2 months. I have bled the fuel system but it doesn't help so think there is something electronic wrong.

So had to drag it away with a tractor. This is bad timing as I don't have the time or the money to fix this.

I know it had starting problems a few years ago and then a sensor was changed, can't remember which one but it was on the camshaft I think? And don't know which others can cause it not to start. And I think it gets diesel to the fuel filter.

So then 2 of my 4 cars don't work and one is half broken so only the Hyundai works now. This is just great.