2001 Honda HR-V - Joy Machine

mk1_4dr

• mk1_4dr changed the title to New Car Day: Joy Machine
2 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Very nice. Great colour for it, looks really tidy.

Does it still have its original cat?

Cheers, it is pretty damn tidy. Yeah, still has it's OG cat, I'm going to see about getting it into an exhaust place to stick an Ebay special in and keep the factory cat safe. 

9 minutes ago, mk1_4dr said:

Cheers, it is pretty damn tidy. Yeah, still has it's OG cat, I'm going to see about getting it into an exhaust place to stick an Ebay special in and keep the factory cat safe. 

Nicely purchased. 

I fitted a 'cat strap' to my Auntie's Prius, which is like a long Kevlar belt that goes around the cat to prevent it being nicked. Comes with a window sticker to put off the thieves too. 

I think she said she got it from USA. 

Ooh, that's the best colour for them, too. What a winnermobile.

Funny, I was looking at a 3dr HR-V only the other night on Gumtree, but it didn't seem anywhere near as well looked-after as your new arrival.

609285301_Screenshot_20220226-0220002.thumb.png.89c7518686132a5280ec1612fcba7c43.png

Scarce things now; but for me quite an evocative car from the whole Millennium era, when silver puffa jackets and mirrored Oakley sunglasses were all hell-bent on shouting "we're living in the future now!"

Best of luck!

3 hours ago, S2000 said:

Bookmarked! My friend has one in the same spec we call ‘Nugget’, awesome little machine and his has clocked 137K!
Be interested to know if you can locate the fuel filter, it has proven to be somewhat elusive!,

The fuel filter on this is underbonnet, in the middle of the firewall, not sure if your mates is different though.

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

dave youve changed :D

little off the sides and leave the back ta :D

I've not changed, I've always liked these and I've had a Honda before with my lil-fated BA3 Prelude.

Even after an MX5 and now this, there is no hairdressing going on here friend, my flowing locks are to my arse now anyway!!

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

These are a fantastic little machine, as long as the rear arches / sills haven't crumbled to dust.  I loved the one I had.

There is a hint of it starting to go on the drivers side rear sill end, I'll get it in a bodyshop for athat and the couple of dents sorting.

14 hours ago, mk1_4dr said:

IMG_0745.thumb.JPG.1319530f264fc8e5fd46af9c83f72160.JPG

Is that the original interior? It's a world away from typical subdued Japanese style of the time. 

The back end of this era of HRV always makes me think of Volvo 940 rear end dropped onto a tall chassis with a deep rear bumper to hide the join. Is it just me?! DSC_6635-940-cd-rear.thumb.gif.c3d0b7553537743c7845d822b67d9329.gif053575200_1235488307.thumb.jpg.e68db8ddf31efc5e3ae2356e7de5d063.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Is that the original interior? It's a world away from typical subdued Japanese style of the time. 

The back end of this era of HRV always makes me think of Volvo 940 rear end dropped onto a tall chassis with a deep rear bumper to hide the join. Is it just me?! 

It is the factory optional interior, the PDI sheet is in the bookpack, they called it the 'Type V Blue' interior.

It has all of the dealer (Chatsworth Honda) stickers and both plates too!! I'm half tempted to take the plates off to preserve them

As for the styling, I've heard  it said to look like a jacked up 3dr P80 V70, in that nice Saffron colour they came in. I can see it.  

b3f8b5115a20.jpg

IMG_0725.JPG

Nice always liked those.

I use to see one in the same colour bombing about. It was owned by a right old character, his hands where never on the wheel. I once saw him driving and peeling an orange whilst being distracted by the Labrador sat next to him. 

Was it local because that reg seems strangely familiar?

Sad to see the Volvo going but it has done you well.

Now, then, am I dreaming it, or did those HRVs have a shower under the tailgate, perhaps as an option? Seem to recall Martin Clunes and Neil Morrisey, AKA  Men behaving badly, advertising it on TV. Trying to lure young women. Or am I going mad? There did seem to be a couple with one on a campsite last year doing something round the back. 

9 hours ago, mk1_4dr said:

The fuel filter on this is underbonnet, in the middle of the firewall, not sure if your mates is different though.

Wish it was…….. it would appear it maybe in tank as nothing on the firewall or under body unless it has been removed on his……  it’s a mystery like the Bermuda Triangle!

10 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

Now, then, am I dreaming it, or did those HRVs have a shower under the tailgate, perhaps as an option? Seem to recall Martin Clunes and Neil Morrisey, AKA  Men behaving badly, advertising it on TV. Trying to lure young women. Or am I going mad? There did seem to be a couple with one on a campsite last year doing something round the back. 

The crv had a shower on its options list . 

12 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

Nice always liked those.

I use to see one in the same colour bombing about. It was owned by a right old character, his hands where never on the wheel. I once saw him driving and peeling an orange whilst being distracted by the Labrador sat next to him. 

Was it local because that reg seems strangely familiar?

Sad to see the Volvo going but it has done you well.

That old character sounds like a bit of a legend, or a danger to themselves and others, or both. 

I bought it from a chap in Manningham, but he'd only had it since 2020, it was supplied new by Chatsworth Honda, which I think were in Derby.

I'm sad to see it go too, 3years/30k you can really get to like a car, especially one so comfortable and inconspicuous. 

11 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

Now you mention it, I remember those adverts! And now I'm on the lookout for the shower accessory, they are NLA from Honda, unsurprisingly. 

10 hours ago, S2000 said:

Wish it was…….. it would appear it maybe in tank as nothing on the firewall or under body unless it has been removed on his……  it’s a mystery like the Bermuda Triangle!

That is strange, what year is your friends? Is it 4WD? I don't know if either of those things makes a difference, but something obviously is.