Cars, Lasses and Lads - A Photo Sharing Thread

Dick Longbridge

image.thumb.png.18e3176a7202abf47b0d4d25f5317291.png

BRIXMIS, The British Commander’s in Chief Mission to the Soviet Forces in Germany, was allowed to move around East Germany during the Cold War. On paper they were there to maintain relations with the Soviets, but in practice the ‘tours’ of three men and a vehicle gathered intelligence. Although they were allowed to be there, the tours were in many ways operating behind enemy lines, as they had no contact with their headquarters and had to be totally self-sufficient for days at a time.

1 minute ago, eddyramrod said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but... is the right-hand door on this car open?  Wasn't the General supposed to have doors that were welded shut?  OMG, never meet your heroes, etc...

Considering how many (300+) Dodge Chargers were used in The Dukes Of Hazard I guess they didn't bother to actually weld up the doors.

2 minutes ago, Richard_FM said:

Considering how many (300+) Dodge Chargers were used in The Dukes Of Hazard I guess they didn't bother to actually weld up the doors.

Obviously, but for a publicity photo surely someone would have walked round and given the door a shove so that it looked right!