Cars, Lasses and Lads - A Photo Sharing Thread

Dick Longbridge

20 hours ago, uk_senator said:

Cant remember, it was deep within my archives.. I remember a book in the library at school with a load of Earls Court TVR stand pics though, including totally nude women.. Was quite the eye opener to a 14yo, I can tell you! 😂

TVR's and some red hot beaver action? Quelle surprise.

(translation - TVR's overheating and/or on fire followed by an ignominious trip on the back of a flat bed recovery lorry? What a surprise.

11 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Didn't know Engerland won in 1970 as well as '66. 

My mistake , didn’t spit the H reg. They didn’t get them for winning in 66 but they were given to the whole squad in 70.

I say given, loaned would be more accurate with an option to purchase ( on favourable terms), after just one year.

14 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Great Shot

My guess that would have been taken at an Autocross meeting in the 1960's.

Looks more like a scene from a 60s British horror film in the style of the Wicker Man.

Set maybe in darkest Cornwall, in bred family with 6 fingers and webbed feet are about to torch the car with some unfortunate in it , who has discovered their sinister secrets.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, Dick Longbridge said:

FB_IMG_1671746897810.thumb.jpg.fe2b83be7a0c0906e40d43db662ca9aa.jpg

On 12/23/2022 at 11:11 PM, motorpunk said:

I’d like to know where this is/was… if poss.

This is the top end of Grove Road in Eastbourne. The building on the left is the Town Hall (the red telephone boxes have sadly gone), and on the right was the Police Station. The forecourt was operated by Dunkley & Davidson Motor Engineers, though I don't remember it particularly myself. The site is now a Tesco Express.