Cars, Lasses and Lads - A Photo Sharing Thread

Dick Longbridge

5 minutes ago, egg said:

More new romantics (81-82)?

Spot on I reckon. Quadrophenia was released in 79 which sparked a renewed interest in scooters. The fact the Jet in the photo above was untaxed by 86 suggests the new wave of enthusiasm had partly ebbed away by that point. 

6 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

Different bronze, and 295 didn't have a vinyl roof.  It actually reminded me of driving my Cyprus one, not least the time I did a Sweeney dash to Paphos Hospital with MrsR, resulting in her staying there almost three weeks.

A better shot of it Eddy

image.thumb.png.094a542795f1b485856220ec1da0f8e7.png

2 hours ago, egg said:

Ha, yes, it does look like that but it's from Going Straight (sequel to Porridge).....same car mebbee?

1 hour ago, eddyramrod said:

Different bronze, and 295 didn't have a vinyl roof.  It actually reminded me of driving my Cyprus one, not least the time I did a Sweeney dash to Paphos Hospital with MrsR, resulting in her staying there almost three weeks.

The Sweeny used a Consul GT, not a Grannie

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, Dick Longbridge said:

Spot on I reckon. Quadrophenia was released in 79 which sparked a renewed interest in scooters. The fact the Jet in the photo above was untaxed by 86 suggests the new wave of enthusiasm had partly ebbed away by that point. 

I’m thinking 79/80 based on the punk t-shirt still being worn, and the tail.

47 minutes ago, vonmon said:

I’m thinking 79/80 based on the punk t-shirt still being worn, and the tail.

Turns out you're spot on.

https://amp.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/nov/21/the-big-picture-yan-morvan-counterculture-thatcher-london-punk-mod

19 hours ago, egg said:

wool.thumb.JPG.6b77f2c8b9a10f3297fbbd2b82fe50b7.JPG

A still from the instructional  video series 'How to Woolard' available from all good Video Rental shops (and some bad ones). The open bonnet shows that this is from the red hot x-rated 'How to Woolard, Under the Covers' episode.

Note the right leg is starting to be raised, prior to placing on the bumper, and the right hand is being correctly used to support the weight.