Cars, Lasses and Lads - A Photo Sharing Thread

Dick Longbridge

Oh I remember Kent getting snow like that but Kent always gets it worse as if we get bad snow it usually comes in from the east and hits Kent but usually fizzles out before it reaches us. 

I remember 86/87 as I would see all the pictures of the diesel locos stuck on the front of electric trains in Kent. That was the days when they still tried running trains if there was a bit of adverse weather. But we only saw the pictures in the monthly magazines long after it happened. That particular s ow never reached us. 

The worst I remember here (Southampton) was the start of 82. It sticks in the mind because it was up to the dogs tummies and Toots (named after a Bash Street Kid not and the Maytals) in particular just loved digging in it. There's an outdoor sport centre over the road where it had drifted against the banks and there were bits where she would completely disappear then dig her way out. This sticks in the mind because we had her16 years and it never happened again. Proper snow is that rare here. 

But the above picture predates me so you're right, it could be local, you hear about the winter of 63 but I missed that. Could be one of the roads over the top of the New Forest. I may be jumping to conclusions but that picture doesn't say Bournemouth to me.