When I picked it up it had 78 miles on the range 

put £30 in at 1.69 ppl at motorway services 🤮

Made it to Newark, range was back to similar miles and covered 128 miles

Stuck £45 in at 1.53 ppl

covered another 100 odd miles

Just walked in the door and it’s showing 151 on the range 

I’m way too tired to do maths but it’s going to be poor 

So I’m home 

First impressions are good. Considering the ludicrous prices vans and campers are going for at the moment I’m happy with what I paid for it.

It’s had a new LUK clutch in 2018 which is great but I didn’t realise until I was there that he also had it converted to single mass flywheel. It’s not a problem but takes getting used to. Reminds me of a race clutch - very on or off. 

Bit of transmission noise but I think it just wants a good grease up on the UJ’s to be honest.

Done well over 200 miles today with only 2 5 min fuel stops and it hasn’t missed a beat. Sits at 65 quite happily and is smooth to drive.

Camper conversion is basic but more than enough for what we want - it’s got everything you could need:

Diesel heater 

TV

Fridge

Gas hob with 2 burners and a huge LPG tank 

Sink with electric cold tap

Solar panels along with split charge relay, 3 or 4 leisure batteries as well as 240v hook up

USB ports everywhere 

LED spot lights 

Toilet cubicle with a Thetford cassette toilet 

Full size double bed with IKEA memory foam mattress 

The ‘garage’ area is massive as it’s the underside of the bed. I need to have a sort out but it’s full of stuff from a brand new hot water boiler and pump along with a shower be never got round to fitting 

Camping chairs/table, windscreen and side window covers, reflective screens for the insides of the windows etc. Loads of stuff.

I paid £3750 which was his asking price. If you look at prices at the moment, an empty 2010 Transit is going for similar money so I think I’ve done alright.  

Il be losing the blue velvet for something more subtle and probably replacing the worktop for some thin oak counter top as not keen on the painted wood.

1ACAA8D5-3834-4A15-B485-2CBF5C860AE6.jpeg

0AA5CD92-308E-4F25-94F9-ADDBAAB9A55F.jpeg

515C3FCE-AB45-4662-BCB3-F2128FD2524F.jpeg

DC887222-8884-4DC0-8A68-40B496CDEADB.jpeg

3E6E196E-F12B-4652-A2B3-7C587C9A0BC8.jpeg

79668016-9495-4540-AA85-0BC85B13E6C2.jpeg

Yes it looks fine for the money. Ours does 22/24 mpg, but we are fully loaded plus trailer. There are also 2 of us paying for the fuel.

It's possible its had a go kart or similar under the bed at some stage, we've just helped with building one.

We paid 2K from work a couple of years back, but as you say they are worth double that now.

Does the passenger seat revolve? Ours doesn't but we've considered doing it.

38 minutes ago, Mally said:

Yes it looks fine for the money. Ours does 22/24 mpg, but we are fully loaded plus trailer. There are also 2 of us paying for the fuel.

It's possible its had a go kart or similar under the bed at some stage, we've just helped with building one.

We paid 2K from work a couple of years back, but as you say they are worth double that now.

Does the passenger seat revolve? Ours doesn't but we've considered doing it.

A rough calculation says I got between 25-30 on the way home, that isn’t terrible for the sheer size of the thing 

the passenger seat doesn’t, it’s just a fixed single like the drivers - I may look at getting a swivel base if one comes up cheap.

27 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

That looks well worth the money.  Although you might have to get rid of the carpeted walls in the bog if you're going to put a shower in there too.

To be honest I’m probably going to flog the shower and boiler, I can’t be bothered to fit it all - I wouldn’t have even bothered with the toilet if I was building my own as we’ll likely still stay on camp sites so will have access to showers/toilets 

19 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

- I wouldn’t have even bothered with the toilet if I was building my own as we’ll likely still stay on camp sites so will have access to showers/toilets 

You need the toilet for middle of the night, don't get rid of that.

1 minute ago, wuvvum said:

I admire your optimism.  😛

Ours sometimes passes first go.

Front discs / wheel bearings are a pain though when it fails on those, rear too I believe.

Not needed any welding yet on ours.