Car features you don't like

Missy Charm

The last few days of good old Glasgow drizzle have reminded me what a stupid design of windscreen wiper switch Volvo used back in the day. (May still be the same, I haven't driven a new one)
Most cars with wipers on the lever have Off at the top, then intermittent, normal and fast going down. Volvo in their infinite wisdom arranged it like a motorbike gear lever with intermittent at the top, then down for off, down again for normal etc. Meaning that in the variable rain we have here you're constantly having to operate a lever that moves nearly as far as a column gear shift and takes nearly as much effort through two stiff notches every few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

I love my C1 apart from the rear tailgate. Because of how the body was designed, all the dirt gets swept to the back, but Citroen fitted it with the smallest, naffest rear wiper that barely cleans any of it. 

And whilst I don't mind it, I always love how the interior light only comes on when you open the drivers door (not the passenger doors or boot) and as soon as its shut its off. It means, if I wanted to get something out of the boot when it's dark, I have to leave my door open.