Jump to content

What's your todays weapon of choice


Darling
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Liggle said:

If thats a 1.2 16v (75bhp) I've got a spare ball joint, oil filter, ABS ring and airbag module you can have for free

aye it is. thats very kind, happy to pay for postage

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

66416B85-C742-4AD4-BA90-B12D986F1698.thumb.jpeg.f99cd865aeadf0f0fb09f23908be7b38.jpeg

This , for everything. I thought I needed some sort of estate, nope, got a double mattress in the back seat to go to the tip yesterday. Thought I needed something newer, nope , every car I look at on Autotrader for £7/8000 fails the “ Would I be as confident that this would start on an icy morning as an old heap of a W210 ?” Test. 
And now I’ve created the E40 using just a sponge , it’s  a rare classic too.

DFD87F73-B978-4775-BB9B-5712F1EDE787.jpeg

Snap!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm off at the mo making use of the 28 day self cert sick note system following covid so today was rounding up couple of minor medical type bit's while I'm off. My chariot of choice was the Merc 320 I've just got back from No1 son, it's an old farts type car for an old fart. Early doors was doc's for routine bloods followed bit later for detailed eye exam to see what I did last year with a "penetrating eye injury", good news on last one, surprisingly little. Another short run for fish and chips ( now I've given blood) later, - I wonder why it's shit on fuel?😄.

This is it. Tomorrow the 2.8 Z3 may get its day!

IMG_20210322_082624.thumb.jpg.f11fa0f7dc804b118efaebaac50bff7c.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brownnova said:

So in conclusion not a lot of real chod being driven at the moment! 

An absolutely hanging K11 Micra. So dilapidated and shonky I won’t bother posting a pic. It’s literally the shittest car in the West Midlands.

I'm doing my bit ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 4:41 PM, Jazoli said:

I have returned home to find a new Yaris hybrid on the drive so that will be tomorrow's chariot but it's usually a 190k S80 or my Saab 9-3 cab.

20220127_163928.thumb.jpg.55374738d476e3d342b341c79774d473.jpg

Update on the Yaris Hybrid, dogshit, completely ruined by the hopeless CVT gearbox that brings nothing to the party, it just goes 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh' at max revs and does little to aid forward motion, driving on an 'a' road at 50mph with the cruise engaged, slight gradient 'waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh' just fuck off you hateful piece of shit, the rest of the car was pretty crap, jiggly unsettled ride, none of the buttons are backlit so changing a music track on the wheel or finding the window and mirror switches is a lottery in the dark, even the infotainment is just barely average, lots of road and tyre noise and it was really noisy on the motorway at 70mph, the only positives are the leather wheel is a nice size and high beam assist is very useful, if this is peak modern small car you can keep it, the old Civic auto behind it is far nicer to drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, meggersdog said:

Not today as went to work in a customers car, but I am mostly using this.

IMG_0052.JPG

My very first girlfriend’s mum had a white one of these! I was in year 6 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, brownnova said:

So in conclusion not a lot of real chod being driven at the moment! 

20220125_164721.thumb.jpg.a8ff1bfbba2b8d2fba0be15971002484.jpg20220125_164729.thumb.jpg.5fde63138f1a6d65f38a94086422de81.jpg20220125_165712.thumb.jpg.98f47dd6d5d13fe9bae3773f3a78464f.jpg20211229_173511.thumb.jpg.dd37e63ccb26dc882f300e38c928b225.jpg

I've just spent over half the purchase price on this having the original timing belt, pulleys, water pump and aux belt replaced if that helps redress the balance? All being well it'll be all legal the start of next month and it'll replace my V50 as daily runabout/workhorse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scruffy Bodger said:

20220125_164721.thumb.jpg.a8ff1bfbba2b8d2fba0be15971002484.jpg20220125_164729.thumb.jpg.5fde63138f1a6d65f38a94086422de81.jpg20220125_165712.thumb.jpg.98f47dd6d5d13fe9bae3773f3a78464f.jpg20211229_173511.thumb.jpg.dd37e63ccb26dc882f300e38c928b225.jpg

I've just spent over half the purchase price on this having the original timing belt, pulleys, water pump and aux belt replaced if that helps redress the balance? All being well it'll be all legal the start of next month and it'll replace my V50 as daily runabout/workhorse.

Worth it though. Lovely things when right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Matty said:

Worth it though. Lovely things when right

It drives really well tbh but a new set of brake pads up front wouldn't go amiss, as the current ones slow you more than stop you. It'll be interesting to see what the paint comes up like with a bit of effort. I think I've found a tow bar which will make it even more useful.

Nowhere near as tidy or well specced as my other one but sure I'm sure I can improve it with time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scruffy Bodger said:

20220125_164721.thumb.jpg.a8ff1bfbba2b8d2fba0be15971002484.jpg20220125_164729.thumb.jpg.5fde63138f1a6d65f38a94086422de81.jpg20220125_165712.thumb.jpg.98f47dd6d5d13fe9bae3773f3a78464f.jpg20211229_173511.thumb.jpg.dd37e63ccb26dc882f300e38c928b225.jpg

I've just spent over half the purchase price on this having the original timing belt, pulleys, water pump and aux belt replaced if that helps redress the balance? All being well it'll be all legal the start of next month and it'll replace my V50 as daily runabout/workhorse.

That’s more like it… not all hope is lost! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My trusty Rover 600. I love this car, it’s comfortable and supremely reliable, it’s quick enough being the 130bhp 2.0 Honda engine, and not too bad on petrol either. I wasn’t sure about the idea of a manual Rover, but now I’m used to it I love it, which is why I’m planning to lavish a load of attention, new parts and sparkly stick action on it to get it through another test. I’ve already splashed out on two new Goodyear tyres for it.

It’s certainly been a good car for me, and by the time the mot comes around early March, I will have done circa 15,000 in it since the last test,  with no breakdowns and little more than an oil and filter change.

It’s a nice looking car (imo) simple reliable Japanese running gear, old enough that it’s starting to get interesting, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen another one. And it cost £250.

2CAF879C-5D78-4807-9C84-622FF82D1C81.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Schaefft said:

The A6, as the layers of road salt and filth covering most cars here right now was one of the reasons I bought it for in the first place.

The reason my Rover looks mint in the picture above is that I’m washing it at least once, if not twice a week currently, and I took the picture after I’d washed it! The roads are laden with salt at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

My trusty Rover 600...................

Once I can get my hands on the Avensis SR we'll have to do a back-to-back comparison. It's 2-litre gives much the same power.

I saw a dirty white 600 on the A14 yesterday, possibly on a V-reg (did they go that late?).

8 hours ago, Macscrooge said:

My Lexus RX450h. Sadly it’s not this clean! 

Didn't realise/had forgotten there was another 2014 RX on here. Mine's doing a fair few miles at present, so also not at all clean.

Yours looks like a Premier?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, Jazoli said:

Update on the Yaris Hybrid, dogshit, completely ruined by the hopeless CVT gearbox that brings nothing to the party, it just goes 'waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh' at max revs and does little to aid forward motion, driving on an 'a' road at 50mph with the cruise engaged, slight gradient 'waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh' just fuck off you hateful piece of shit, the rest of the car was pretty crap, jiggly unsettled ride, none of the buttons are backlit so changing a music track on the wheel or finding the window and mirror switches is a lottery in the dark, even the infotainment is just barely average, lots of road and tyre noise and it was really noisy on the motorway at 70mph, the only positives are the leather wheel is a nice size and high beam assist is very useful, if this is peak modern small car you can keep it, the old Civic auto behind it is far nicer to drive.

But apart from that is it any good? 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...