JJ0063’s current steed - Life of an impulsive car owner [N47 CHAIN GANG] - First Spanish car acquired

JJ0063

We’re going on holiday Easter Monday down to Dorset for the week and I’ve always been slightly conscious with this car having no spare wheel and running non runflats.

Thought I’d have a look if there was any BMW’s being broken on FB I could rob a spare from and stumbled across this BMW fitment ‘Road Hero’ spacesaver kit which comes with a handy bag and also a kit bag with everything from a jack, wheel brace, 5 wheel bolts, head torch, hi viz, kneel pad, even a rain poncho! 

Nowhere to store it in the car due to the dog guard being in the boot but handy enough to throw in the back if we go on a long journey for the sake of £70! 

IMG_3768.jpeg

IMG_3767.jpeg

Just now, Matty said:

I'm rapidly coming to the depressive conclusion that I'm going to have to join Facebook. Marketplace seems to be far better than ebay for parts 😭

I don’t have an account, I use Mrs JJ’s 😂 can’t stand most social media’s. I have an instagram but don’t have much on it!

• 2 weeks later...

Smashed my eBay special splitter as it’s made of the shittest plastic known to man. 

Bit the bullet and ordered a genuine BMW one from eBay, they are over £500 new  but managed to get one from a breaker for £80 and it’s made of way better material which has flex in so should tolerate the abuse! 

IMG_3892.jpeg

After the debacle of the Corsa B, it got me itching for another piece of shite to try and tart up and roffle/flog.

Browsing marketplace I stumbled upon this 2010 Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport DSG

It’s a little chain driven NA petrol, 134k, MOT until 19/03/25, ULEZ friendly and auto.. should have some appeal.

It’s got a scrape on the passenger side, I might try and tidy it up a bit - perhaps touch in the white bits with a touch up pen and sand/polish it back. Unrecorded, they just caught a fence in their residents car park. 

Other than that it drives really nicely, got a front end knock over bumps which I’ll have a wiggle with the pry bar and try to fix, air con isn’t very cold. 

Overall nice car, needs a really good clean, wet vac on the seats etc but should come up nice. 

Not sure what it’s actually worth being a bit battered but I thought for £550, it had to be worth a punt.

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_4103.jpeg

IMG_4107.jpeg

• JJ0063 changed the title to JJ0063’s current steed - Life of an impulsive car owner [N47 CHAIN GANG] - First Spanish car acquired
47 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Other than that it drives really nicely, got a front end knock over bumps which I’ll have a wiggle with the pry bar and try to fix, air con isn’t very cold. 

I'd put good money on failed drop links on these. I don't want to talk about how many I've changed on the Skoda.