Anyone owned a T5 Transporter?

JJ0063

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

You could get one of these if you want to try out vanning - cheaper than a T5 because no scene tax, RWD and a 200bhp diesel V6 - yank the fuse for the traction control and you can get as enthusiastic as you want...

s-l1600.jpg

They did a 220bhp version as well but those seem to fetch daft money for some reason.

I was looking at one of these last week in a van dealers place. I had to look twice at the price as I've been blinded by what I've seen t6s for. Suddenly 10 large seemed reasonable for what I was seeing. Then I remembered I don't have anywhere near 10 grand, and if I did I wouldn't be buying a fast airport taxi anyway.. πŸ˜†

In traditional AS fashion I have ended up not buying a T5 and have just left a Β£100 deposit on an unseen Mk7 Transit Jumbo and paid Β£75 for a train ticket to Preston tomorrow.

Its fully converted and even the log book is changed to a motor caravan, if it’s not an absolute shed when I get there I’ll have bought quite literally a massive bargain.

Β 

Fully prepared for some rust as it’s a Transit but we shall see.Β 
Β 

ps. The BMW will be staying for obvious reasonsΒ 

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Fred bump. I'm assuming this is ridiculous grot for a 2010 Transporter? It's a well specced van but it's not pretty. Mot history is surprisingly clean.Β 

Β 

received_823246255922253.jpeg

received_230271273261773.jpeg

received_262935629775914.jpeg

received_668310205150798.jpeg

I’m back looking at them again too πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

I’ve seen a couple of these starting to go in similar places now, depends how deep it is I guess, looks slightly more than surface in placesΒ 

14 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

I’m back looking at them again too πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

I’ve seen a couple of these starting to go in similar places now, depends how deep it is I guess, looks slightly more than surface in placesΒ 

Agreed. I get the feeling it could be a bit of a Pandora's box once you start poking the crispy bits. Shame, as it's a nicely converted twin slider, facelift van.

I keep looking at them, especially as values have supposedly eased a bit since covid madness. Thing is, they all seem to either be shitheaps or Β£20k+ vans. There doesn't seem to be much in between.Β