What car makes you angry?

loserone

Also, what does need erasing from history and firing into space.

The VW golf, mk4 till now just numb shite 93.75% of the time driven by a fuckwit. Boring overated and overpriced turds. 

In fact, as your going that way if you wanted to take the mk1 2 and 3 with you im not going to stop you. 

Cars to make you angry?

There's a car worse than all of the above. 

Every single last one of them. 

It's so bad, it's infinitely shitter than shite with absolutely no redeeming features.

It's the grey sky on a dreary winter's day.

It's the beige slacks in the chubby size bought from M&S to replace the previous chubby-sized beige slacks from M&S.

It's the annoying twat who appears at house parties who no-one remembers inviting and who no-one actually likes.

It's the dregs at the bottom of a bottle of cheap supermarket cola which wasn't particularly fizzy even when unopened on the shelf. 

It's the frustrating spot you want to pop but the swine just won't cooperate and ends up being a red mess. 

It's the mouldy veg thrown out by the supermarket and which even the planet-saving eco warriors turn their noses up at. 

It's the sneeze which just won't release, even though you're willing the bastard to just let go.

It's the fart in the lift left by the pleb who indulged too heavily in the curryhouse the night before. 

It's the largest cold sore you never wanted. 

It's the sour milk which leaked into your footwell carpet.

It's the crappy toy from a cracker which doesn't even deserve one use, let alone several. 

It's the dog turd you accidentally stepped in and then unknowingly spread all over your immaculate cream carpet.

It's the car with a face so ugly, even its mother would turn in disgust.

It's the Skoda Fabia. 

Burn them. Burn them all.

43488424402_85031a12da_b.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bren said:

Electric. They aren't the answer to global warming but at £600 a month your conscience will be eased.

My brother has an electric car. His utility supplier offered to tie him into a tarriff for 18 months that reflected his mode of transport.

The cost? £2 5k a year.

Electricity - like gas, petrol and diesel is only going one way price wise.

I have a controversial one.

Peugeot 107/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo.

I 100% see what the appeal is with them and why people on here love them.... but they're just a shit modern take on a Fiat Cinquecento. They don't actually do things any better than a car that was on the market 20 years before and i can't quite get past that. Plus the interior is FUGLY. Case in point with the glovebox situation, Cinqs and Seis had a shelf or bucket arrangement that made the interior feel way more open and was coherent to the design.

These? A crude hole in the dash where a lid was a fucking optional extra.

I also fucking hate C2's for other reasons, utter half arsed shitboxes from an era Citroen really have no fucks and were flogging anything on finance to youngsters.

17 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That would be impossible as the owner would have sprinted away from their car as quickly as possible, so as not to be seen near it. 

Suffice it to say I am deeply offended by this😁. That said, it's an interesting diversion from the route this thread was taking, namely yet another variation on the theme "Invacars. Discuss".😆 

The love for VW vans makes me unreasonably angry.

The air cooled ones are noisy expensive underpowered bread bins, shit to drive and with a propensity to burst into flames. 

Even worse are are the T4/5/6 van life crowd. These are nothing but an overpriced German transit. Bought by wannabe Jamie Olivers who render them useless with cut springs and car wheels. When the sun's out here on the south coast you can't move for the fuckers

47 minutes ago, chancer said:

Have you had one? Did I sell you it?😂 i want another, and i'm willing to learn how to weld to keep the thing going

It's not so much learning to weld as learning to do large scale panel fabrication at this stage. Having said that, a friend ran a 98 for years as a daily commuter and loved it. And it didn't really rust badly. I think they're like a lot of 70s Fiat's, some rotted terribly, some rotted when they got old, and a few never rotted at all. 

23 minutes ago, loserone said:

Yeah, but you don't walk up to their owners in the street and call them a prick, do you?

Depends if i think i can outrun them. 

If there is a blue badge displayed on the dash i might have a chance. 

4 minutes ago, artdjones said:

The car that really turns my stomach is the BMW X6. How tasteless do you have to be to buy a "sports activity coupe" that looks like this:-

bmw_x6_2014_01.thumb.jpg.5e3a0e384def53a2bbe94de9296c0ff7.jpg

All X-range models that land on an even number are hideous. 

In fact, most of the ones with an odd number are pretty bad too. 

And then we get onto the ones with extra letters, like the iX and XM. 

Yeah, OK, the whole X lineup. That'll do. 

16 hours ago, Andyrew said:

I understand the viewpoint way but on the flipside.

I feel that an entire plan to design and build a fleet of vehicles specifically to get disabled people out and about, modified specifically each person if required, it was then maintained and fixed at the taxpayers expense and all the driver needed to do it use it. shouldnt that be looked on as a good thing? 

These things were built to a price, now sure you could have bought and converted a normal car for Bob the one legged man but if that 1 car cost the same as 4 invacars then 3 other people would have gone without. 

People bullying disabled people is the part that we should look back on in shame. But it still happens to this day so you cant look back on something that never actually finished. 

thats one of the things a lot of people dont realise, what the Invacar actually was! 

keep in mind even a motability car is not free, it comes out of your benefit allowance (it takes the entirety of the Mobility part of your PIP entitlement)

where as an Invacar was provided entirely free of charge, they where treated in exactly the same way, as a prothetic leg or a set of crutches where, you literally went to your GP to get one, and where issued from Artificial limb and appliance centres

as you say they where a vehicle specifically designed from the ground up to be used and as adaptable as much possible for disable peoples needs and requirements, and enable that person no mater the severity of their disability to personally get from Point A to Point B, without relying on any external factors like public transport or such

something that doesn't exist today, name another car you can drive if with 1 functioning hand and no other limbs?

you could literally be the Hand from The Adams family and still drive a Model 70! :) 

I also find it rather amusing and somewhat hypocritical when people criticise their safety and refinement, when its clear that those people have never done their research on them or actually driven and used one!

im obviously not saying they are safe vehicles by todays standards in any means, but they are no worse than any other small vehicle of the same time period, however you dont see people saying such things about Minis so often do you? 

and for the same reason find it amusing when people point to mobility scooters, how on earth is one of those better in any way the an Invacar when on the road? you are way more exposed in an motability scooter then you are in an Invacar! I would not want to try and get through Milton Keynes's 70Mph roundabout network on a Mobility scooter flat out at 8Mph thats for sure!

(the Invacar was crash tested and made to comply with said crash regulations of the time)

so yeah I find it quite interesting the hate that Invacars generate, even on this forum, the home of shite cars, my personal theory is it goes back to when people where younger and they did just look down upon disabled people and where rude about them and their implements 

they cant come to terms that this funky looking Singe seater, was not actually complete shit

I also think a lot of the hate directed to Invacars on here, is also because people dont agree with what im personally doing, so they resort to criticising the machine instead if that makes sense

note how Dollywobbler and Zel do not get half the shit that I get LOL

its also worth noting that depending on your needs and requirements, say if you where a married couple or had a family to look after, you could get an adapted regular car, you could even get an adapted Renault 4! here is a list of regular cars on issue by the Ministry from 1973 :) 

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 19.03.51.png

53 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Cars to make you angry?

There's a car worse than all of the above. 

Every single last one of them. 

It's so bad, it's infinitely shitter than shite with absolutely no redeeming features.

It's the grey sky on dreary winter's day.

It's the beige slacks in the chubby size bought from M&S to replace the previous chubby-sized beige slacks from M&S.

It's the annoying twat who appears at house parties who no-one remembers inviting and who no-one actually likes.

It's the dregs at the bottom of a bottle of cheap supermarket cola which wasn't particularly fizzy even when unopened on the shelf. 

It's the frustrating spot you want to pop but the swine just won't cooperate and ends up being a red mess. 

It's the mouldy veg thrown out by the supermarket and which even the planet-saving eco warriors turn their noses up at. 

It's the fart in the lift left by the pleb who indulged too heavily in the curryhouse the night before. 

It's the crappy toy from a cracker which doesn't even deserve one use, let alone several. 

It's the car with a face so ugly, even its mother would turn in disgust.

It's the Skoda Fabia. 

43488424402_85031a12da_b.jpg

To each his own - personally, my Fabia is the best all-round car I've ever had. No, seriously, I really do like it - it's the Mk3 though, does that change anything? :D

Tesla.  Ellen Musk presumably walked into the factory one morning, got the workers together and said: 'Here, proles, you ever seen a Jag?  Well imagine one of them with no radiator, the guts of a milk float and an interior made of stuff from the executive bit at Office World.  Got it?  Cushty! Make a couple of thousand of 'em and it'll make the firm worth twenty five trillion dollars.  Last one in orbit is a rotten egg!'.  

And all the Silicone Valley types were like: 'Whoaaaa, Bro!  I think I just choked on my vape or something; that guy Musk is like the dude!  I'm gonna spend my quarter mil bonus on one of his cars and like drive it to a closed down Blockbuster and then I'm gonna buy the Blockbuster too and smoke weed in it all day.  Think I'll serve coffee too and call it Block and Co.  Far out.'  

Following on, a chartered surveyor called Nigel said: 'Bugger me, that's going to look too hot to trot on the old double width block paved drive.  Nought to sixty in one second; Turbo BMW Des is going to choke on his own exhaust fumes.  Planet points too; drops yummy mummy knickers at twenty paces.  Phwooar!'  

Go away.  

22 minutes ago, artdjones said:

The car that really turns my stomach is the BMW X6. How tasteless do you have to be to buy a "sports activity coupe" that looks like this:-

bmw_x6_2014_01.thumb.jpg.5e3a0e384def53a2bbe94de9296c0ff7.jpg

I don't get it either. Why on earth would anyone choose an X6 over an X5? The X5 is cheaper, better-looking and more practical. The same can be said for the X3 in relation to the X4. 

15 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

thats one of the things a lot of people dont realise, what the Invacar actually was! 

keep in mind even a motability car is not free, it comes out of your benefit allowance (it takes the entirety of the Mobility part of your PIP entitlement)

where as an Invacar was provided entirely free of charge, they where treated in exactly the same way, as a prothetic leg or a set of crutches where, you literally went to your GP to get one, and where issued from Artificial limb and appliance centres

as you say they where a vehicle specifically designed from the ground up to be used and as adaptable as much possible for disable peoples needs and requirements, and enable that person no mater the severity of their disability to personally get from Point A to Point B, without relying on any external factors like public transport or such

something that doesn't exist today, name another car you can drive if with 1 functioning hand and no other limbs?

you could literally be the Hand from The Adams family and still drive a Model 70! :) 

I also find it rather amusing and somewhat hypocritical when people criticise their safety and refinement, when its clear that those people have never done their research on them or actually driven and used one!

im obviously not saying they are safe vehicles by todays standards in any means, but they are no worse than any other small vehicle of the same time period, however you dont see people saying such things about Minis so often do you? 

and for the same reason find it amusing when people point to mobility scooters, how on earth is one of those better in any way the an Invacar when on the road? you are way more exposed in an motability scooter then you are in an Invacar! I would not want to try and get through Milton Keynes's 70Mph roundabout network on a Mobility scooter flat out at 8Mph thats for sure!

(the Invacar was crash tested and made to comply with said crash regulations of the time)

so yeah I find it quite interesting the hate that Invacars generate, even on this forum, the home shite cars, my personal theory is it goes back to when people where younger and they did just look down upon disabled people and where rude about them and their implements 

they cant come to terms that this funky looking Singe seater, was not actually complete shit

I also think a lot of the hate directed to Invacars on here, is also because people dont agree with what im personally doing, so they resort to criticising the machine instead if that makes sense

its also worth noting that depending on your needs and requirements, say if you where a married couple or had a family to look after, you could get an adapted regular car, you could even get an adapted Renault 4! here is a list of regular cars on issue by the Ministry from 1973 :) 

F4C99594-8BB9-4C5E-AA97-D4A3653576E7.gif

22 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

so yeah I find it quite interesting the hate that Invacars generate, even on this forum, the home shite cars, my personal theory is it goes back to when people where younger and they did just look down upon disabled people and where rude about them and their implements 

+1 for Invacar love-in. I clearly remember one that was parked in Tavistock opposite the (now demolished) Crown snooker club. A blue one (were they all blue?). Didn't know what it was but my Dad explained it to me. 

My Mum has MS and couldn't get on with an Invacar, however in the mid-80s she had a Metro auto converted to hand controls and with power steering added, partly paid for by Motability. I remember being bitterly disappointed that we weren't getting a Mini, but her wheelchair wouldn't fit in the boot. 

So yeah, I'm all for giving people the means to get around, especially since we live in a developed economy. I think (hope) a new generation of electric/automomous vehicles can only help those in need of assistance. 

3 hours ago, Out Run said:

But VW don't deserve the good name they have.

2006 Touran:

May be an image of text that says "DR PLEASE Than ALTY"

No photo description available.

That wasn't even the half of it. Under the tape was a gaping chasm and every single panel (bar the roof and one door) was fucked in one rusty way or another.

It had more history than the British empire and was still absolutely fucking rubbish. Smoked it's tits off, went into limp mode whenever it felt like it, steering went notchy, the engine went very loud after a 40 mile round trip on the motorway, it was shit to start, the turbo or something made a whining sound that made you think the coppers were on your tail and in the end the dashboard lit up like Blackpool illuminations. Truly a never ending discovery of finding things wrong with it.

For comparison, at the same time as this steaming pile of 2006 VAG group shit I had a Rover 211 that was I think eight years older and had spent most of it's life in Rhyl. I bet that didn't have 1/20th of the rust as this pile of absolute dog wank.

You know the worse part? When it decided to drive ok, it actually was ok. Pulled well and reasonable on fuel, but it was a truly fucking dreadful, nay appalling car. All the VAG fan bois in the world couldn't defend these God awful things. Every single one of them should be taken off the road and weighed in. Which, happily, was exactly what happened to this. 

4 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

2006 Touran:

That wasn't even the half of it. Under the tape was a gaping chasm and every single panel (bar the roof and one door) was fucked in one rusty way or another.

It had more history than the British empire and was still absolutely fucking rubbish. Smoked it's tits off, went into limp mode whenever it felt like it, steering went notchy, the engine went very loud after a 40 mile round trip on the motorway, it was shit to start, the turbo or something made a whining sound that made you think the coppers were on your tail and in the end the dashboard lit up like Blackpool illuminations. Truly a never ending discovery of finding things wrong with it.

For comparison, at the same time as this steaming pile of 2006 VAG group shit I had a Rover 211 that was I think eight years older and had spent most of it's life in Rhyl. I bet that didn't have 1/20th of the rust as this pile of absolute dog wank.

You know the worse part? When it decided to drive ok, it actually was ok. Pulled well and reasonable on fuel, but it was a truly fucking dreadful, nay appalling car. All the VAG fan bois in the world couldn't defend these God awful things. Every single one of them should be taken off the road and weighed in. Which, happily, was exactly what happened to this. 

What a shame rust is lighter than steel, otherwise you'd have got more scrap money. 

I agree, shite, good riddance. I'm increasingly coming across Normals who have been burned by shitty VW reliability and especially bad customer service. 

<goes off to check relative densities of steel and ferric oxide>

Never mind the Audi Q anything. May I introduce the Audi Kuwait.
I didn’t even know this fucker existed till I was behind one the other day. It makes a Range Rover look like a Kids toy.

One word. Hateful.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kendrickcars.co.uk%2Fblog%2Faudi-q8-review&psig=AOvVaw2jJ6lX1w0uENDZ9Xcl90tQ&ust=1641934809051000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCMDi8v2JqPUCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VW T2 vans and other air cooled VWs

fucking shite

i hate them, i hate the people who think they're great

they're not, they're shite to drive, catch fire, break down and get in everyones way doing 40 on the M6

yet people spaff £40k on one

BMW 1 series are shit quite wind me up too

VW golf R's, boring as fuck, get a civic type R cos it looks mental and i like the way it looks

most Fords, i don't like Ford

Ford ecosport, fiesta and other stupid little things with the ecoboom, horrible things

electric is fine with me, i like tech and i like the idea of an electric car....would like to properly drive one

21 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

2006 Touran:

That is seriously dire! Nicely pictured!

Here's my mates old, hateful, mk5 Golf when it was 9 years old and we were welding it.

2 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

It's the Skoda Fabia. 

I shan't take it personally. :D

Anyway, two cars I hate with an absolute passion are the Nissan 'lovechild of a toad and warthog' Juke and the Nissan 'plague-like' Qashqai.

As someone trying to sell a Cityrover at the moment, I'm on the receiving end of this! I'm having to be cautious about just where I advertise it, as its really hard going to have to read the same stuff written about it time after time. I don't need telling that it is shit. I know. I had noticed. So was everything else MGRover were churning out at the time, but this is usually forgotten.

Showing a CityRover a bit of love and attention is to really appreciate the dire state of our last volume car manufacturer, and how far it had sunk from greatness. It gets preserved because of its rubbishness, not despite it. I'll be honest and say I just don't get how people can be so offended by it? There's simply no point comparing it to Rovers of the past - they weren't the same business in those final few years. It's part of the story, and the last car Rover ever launched. Sad, yes - but there's no getting away from the fact that is all they were capable of. 

Invacars? Its our social history isn't it? People need to know about what life was - and is - like for marginalised people. You can't get angry at one!