What car makes you angry?

loserone

What cars seem to make people come out in a rage, and why?

I can thing of a few examples:

Invacars.  Obviously.

Cityrovers.  Not a real Rover, they were shit when imported and never had a chance, but people seem to hate what they represent to the demise of Rover.

Nissan LEAF.  ALL ELECTRIC CARS ARE SHIT.  Just look at the first three pages of my thread to see what people's reactions were (and often still are) to a thoroughly competent car with a small range. 

What else?

For me the car which seemed to have been designed with the singular purpose to wind me up that I've driven was a BMW 1 series.  Just everything about that car seemed to have been designed to be just *slightly* wrong which made the whole driving experience maddening.

The indicators flashing totally out of phase with the tick and light on the dash for instance made me want to find the designer and make it REALLY clear how crap a job I thought they had done.

Don't think I've ever been quite so glad to hand back a set of keys after a test drive!

Audi Qanything. But my rage is especially reserved for the Q7. Wanker mummies steamrollering Sixtus and Jemima to school. Just so unnecessarily large! 

Slammed VWs and T4/5 vans with stickers all over them. 

Almost all new Mercs - there isn't a single one that isn't ugly. All driven by PCP wannabies who'll happily spend £350/mo on their car but go without heating and clothes. 

American SUVs being driven Over Here

That's it for now but I've got to drive somewhere soon so there will be more

4 minutes ago, loserone said:

I don't think I meant these kinds of things. I mean the kind of car where people are prepared to tell the owners that they're shit, even in a for sales thread.  That kind of thing.

Good idea for a thread. Hopefully it doesn't descend into I've Decided That Only One Kind Of Person Drives This Car And I Disagree With Their Life Because It Makes Me Feel Better About Myself. 

Smart Cars and Beetles often get the frothing types to crawl out of the woodwork. Same for TTs, or anything which threatens their increasingly fragile sense of machismo. 

Invacars.

They're an embarrassing reminder of how people used to be treated.

"Oh so you are unable to walk, here's an upturned bathtub with the crash rating of a Tunnocks Tea Cake and the refinement of a box of broken glass, off you pop"

Thank fuck for the motability scheme, electric scooters and stepless buses, among other things.

They're not shite, they belong in history with maybe 2 or 3 preserved to remind us of how far society has come.

CityRovers, Tata took out some Rover employees, got them pissed and sold them some Indicars (there's a theme here) which all arrived at Arnold Clark with cracked cylinder heads. A sad end to a great company. Should have left it at the 75 and died with some dignity.

1 series BMWs. Utter dogshit in every respect. Not even fit for purpose. Bought new by sterile insta-slaves.

Binis: again, wank. Stupid, niggly foutery ungrateful bastards. I hated mine most of the time. It did drive OK though.

EVs I actually have no gripe with surprisingly.

9 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Invacars.

They're an embarrassing reminder of how people used to be treated.

"Oh so you are unable to walk, here's an upturned bathtub with the crash rating of a Tunnocks Tea Cake and the refinement of a box of broken glass, off you pop"

Thank fuck for the motability scheme, electric scooters and stepless buses, among other things.

They're not shite, they belong in history with maybe 2 or 3 preserved to remind us of how far society has come.

73121206.jpg

Just now, chancer said:

the Mk1 Ka was a fantastic car. Ive had a couple now and loved them. Almost as good and chuckable as the original mini. Pity about the rust issues really

I'm basing my nomination purely on their ability to dissolve, from bitter experience 😂

MX5s seem to draw as much ire as they do acclaim. So many social media posts about them seem to devolve into "Huurr, hairdresser car". 

Was once out in mine, had a pedestrian call out to me while I was stationary: "Oi! You look so gay, your name should be Gay McGay". This was a fully grown man, appeared to be in his 40s with a neck like a birthday cake and a slightly vacant look, hurling attempted insults with the finesse and vocabulary of a badly-raised 7 year old. All because of a car. Bizarre. :D

45 minutes ago, grogee said:

Audi Qanything. But my rage is especially reserved for the Q7. Wanker mummies steamrollering Sixtus and Jemima to school. Just so unnecessarily large! 

Slammed VWs and T4/5 vans with stickers all over them. 

Almost all new Mercs - there isn't a single one that isn't ugly. All driven by PCP wannabies who'll happily spend £350/mo on their car but go without heating and clothes. 

American SUVs being driven Over Here

That's it for now but I've got to drive somewhere soon so there will be more

They don’t even fit in parking spaces. Annoys me as everyone used to be so anti big cars after the 70’s

Our V70 D5 with a geatronic auto box is pissing us both off. I cannot fathom why Volvo would make such a good car with such a nice engine only to strangle it with a cheap Chinese gear box that doesn't fucking work! Like they engineered everything else so well and spoiled it with a shitty gear box.

Citroen C6s. Fucking awful things, I found it stressful to drive in town, stressful to park (that overhang) and the only people benefitting from it are passengers, passers-by and the local dealer for repairs. They're not the modern DS/CX, they're the modern Talbot Tagora but without the charm of being relatively simple to maintain.

Kia Sorentos. I don't know why, but they seem to be driven by weirdly aggressive yet incompetent drivers.

44 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

I'm basing my nomination purely on their ability to dissolve, from bitter experience 😂

Have you had one? Did I sell you it?😂 i want another, and i'm willing to learn how to weld to keep the thing going

21 minutes ago, Bren said:

Electric. They aren't the answer to global warming but at £600 a month your outgoings will primarily be on a shiny new car and not on fuel duty and tax (and you'll pay less tax if it's a company benefit too)

FTFY

I don't get angry at a particular car per se, rather a set of characteristics and traits. These are typically:

1. Unnecessarily Big and imposing

2. LED headlights

3. Purposefully less efficient than it can be in order to meet the requirements of point 6

4. Touch Screens

5. Unusable controls

6. Being designed for, and sold to someone on the notion that it makes them superior to other road users (see points 1, 3)

7. People who treat you like a 4th class citizen on the road due to them having a more expensive/modern/massive car (see point 6) 

1 hour ago, loserone said:

I don't think I meant these kinds of things. I mean the kind of car where people are prepared to tell the owners that they're shit, even in a for sales thread.  That kind of thing.

Mk4 Golf GTi's with the 2.0, I think they are ok but there's always some cunt who wants to wade in saying how shit they are, just fuck off you cunt.

8 minutes ago, chancer said:

Have you had one? Did I sell you it?😂 i want another, and i'm willing to learn how to weld to keep the thing going

Haha no, this was nearly ten years ago 😂 Mrs had just passed her test and we bought one, was a 55 plate in 2013. Was honestly impressive how it rotted, fuel filler, doors, sills, boot, scuttle panel etc, was totally shagged

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

I understand the viewpoint way but on the flipside.

I feel that an entire plan to design and build a fleet of vehicles specifically to get disabled people out and about, modified specifically each person if required, it was then maintained and fixed at the taxpayers expense and all the driver needed to do it use it. shouldnt that be looked on as a good thing? 

These things were built to a price, now sure you could have bought and converted a normal car for Bob the one legged man but if that 1 car cost the same as 4 invacars then 3 other people would have gone without. 

People bullying disabled people is the part that we should look back on in shame. But it still happens to this day so you cant look back on something that never actually finished. 

Aside from the blue chariot being obvious, 'normal' people can be absolute bellends when they hear about people having a 'motability car'. Including car dealers - Citroen lost me as a customer after a salesman gloated about the cuts to PIP meaning 'all the motability cars would be coming back' (while not noticing my cane. Or blue badge... Or noticing them and consciously deciding to be a twat).